Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  Finally!!!  Got the Honda back on the road!!! >

OT: Finally!!! Got the Honda back on the road!!!

Notices

OT: Finally!!! Got the Honda back on the road!!!

Old 02-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up OT: Finally!!! Got the Honda back on the road!!!

As many of you know, I am the (proud?) owner of a 1987 Honda Accord hatchback. It's my beater car. Well, the exhaust fell off it in April. All of it!!!! From the manifold back. What a mess. And damn expensive!!! But with gas prices on the rise and O.T. at work dwindling, I really needed to get it back on the road at 28 mpg vs. the 11 my truck gets. Charged the battery overnight, put it in last Friday and it started on the first turn of the key. After sitting since April!!!!! And, thanks to a couple of good ole boys at a muffler shop that shall not be named, I now have exhaust (minus the cat. converter!!). Only set me back $176. Other shops wanted up to $500 to fix it.

Only issue now is the power steering cooler tube has a leak and will run a quart of fluid out in just a few miles. I took the belt off the pump and will be wrestling it until I figure out what to do about it. Tried some JB Weld, but it still leaks. Any suggestions? The leak is about center of the car, right where a support is welded to the tube, rusted thru I guess.

Anyway, at one time my Honda was the unofficial OSO Pimp Ride. And traviss kept threatening to come over an lower it for me. Where you at punk????
Old 02-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Registered

Oh comeon, I coulda hooked you up with a Tanabe race medallion exhaust CHEAP
Old 02-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

dude, I can't stand the sound of those damn exhausts.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:43 PM
25 Eagle

Wish I could get my Honda running. It's a '86 Spree 50cc that's giving me fits. I use it as my lake put-put but she has been mad at me for some reason. I know it's in the carb, and I just can't seem to get the screws to the right settings. Anyone know of a good web site for this monster?

Old 02-03-2003, 06:53 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Man, I used to have a Honda Hobbit. Same engine as your spree, but with a smaller carb and more restrictive exhaust. Rode it for several summers, including to and from drivers training!!! What a riot. Had it in the basement at my parents for many years. Sold it not all that long ago.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Registered

That fart noise is the sound of power. A kid at my school told me that... he has a civic that is a race car, but it is an automatic?? lol

He also said he wont get a carbon fiber drive shaft because it will rust?
first off carbon fiber wont rust, second, civic is front wheel drive!!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 07:02 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Exactly my point young apprentice!!! Punks with foriegn cars that sound "cool" are really in denial about anything that might be an actual "race" car.

Automatic? Rusting carbon fiber? And it would be shafts, not shaft. Front drive cars have two half shafts. Idiot kids!!!!

Big blocks rule, and always will!!! Oh, and a good chevy 350 aint bad either!!!!

Mike
Old 02-03-2003, 07:14 PM
Registered

I know, these kids are dumb as crap!!!! rode in a civic hatch back, the kid said his blue lights added horsepower and that he had ram air!!!!!!! Ill be nice and well call it a 8.9 sec (instead of 9) 0-60 time.

Last edited by HyperBaja; 02-03-2003 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought when 'em punks had the baseball caps on side-ways it would mean less coefficient drag. By having the driver sit half way into the passenger seat means this would amount to much better weight distribution..... YES/NO ???
Old 02-03-2003, 08:01 PM
Registered

I dont think it matters, no matter what itll still be slow!!!!

Wally sent me this:

http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_m..._ricer_if.html

Quick Reply: OT: Finally!!! Got the Honda back on the road!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.