If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member Charter Member vagrant's Avatar
    My Boats:
    poker runs offshore racing
    Lake Norman N.C.
    Hey R Addition,
    Whats up?
    Champagne taste on a beer Budget

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc

AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
    Not much! How about you? Had a blast last weekend! How far past Richmond is Lake Norman? May do some travelin' this summer!!! Talk to ya soon, John

Raleigh, NC
    Never run an engine on suspected bad fuel. Also when changing water sep filters dump each ones contents into a glass jar and see how much water settles to the bottom. Use additives very sparingly and only as last resort to limp boat to home. Most service shops and recyclers can dispose of questionable fuel. If the tank proves to have water then try to have it pumped out by removing the standard pickup tube because it does not go all the way to the bottom and installing a temporary suction tube to scavenge all water from the bottom of tank. Remember to tilt the bow up to shift water to the rear of the tank.

My Boats:
    88 mirage intimidater 270
    wheeler IN
    Originally posted by JUST ONCE
    if it is water or bad gas I wouldn't run any more through the motors than you have to try running them off a seperate gas can with new gas if they run cherry I'd pump all that gas out and top off every lawn mower and weedwacker you've got.
    yes sir!!! if it is bad gas dont run the boat hard, the fuel is not up to par nor will be the support your engs will need if anything above about 8.5 to 1 comp. or probley no matter what it is, as stated just pump it all out via fuel pump at inlet hose w electric pump ( BE F...ING CARFULL ) you know sparks? and just get more, pump it into clean 55 gallon drums and you will be set lawn wise for quite a while, it wont hurt the lawn stuff, and yes the parking lot draing is not a option, BIG TROUBLE if you got caught, plus its just wrong, good luck

My Boats:
    266 Crownline 454mag whippled.
    N41 41.709' - W93 41.916'
    .ref:.Gasoline FAQ We have run more than the percentages below.

8.7 How can I remove water in the fuel tank?

If you only have a small quantity of water, then the addition of 500mls of dry isopropanol (IPA) to a near-full 30-40 litre tank will absorb the water, and will not significantly affect combustion.

Once you have mopped up the water with IPA, small, regular doses of any anhydrous alcohol will help keep the tank dry. This technique will not work if you have very large amounts of water, and the addition of greater amounts of IPA may result in poor driveability.

Water in fuel tanks can be minimised by keeping the fuel tank near full, and filling in the morning from a service station that allows storage tanks to stand for several hours after refilling before using the fuel. Note that oxygenated gasolines have greater water solubility, and should cope with small quantities of water
    Last edited by D_Casten; 02-04-2003 at 09:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12