Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Does anyone know where the Original US Ocke Mannerfelt Design 24' "Batboat" is? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42671-does-anyone-know-where-original-us-ocke-mannerfelt-design-24-batboat.html)

C_Spray 10-01-2009 07:43 AM

The boat in question is now at Jim Earle Marine in Canada. In need of some TLC, and with a Bravo instead of a DPX: http://www.jimearlemarine.com/invent...itemid=1006186

Raylar 10-02-2009 10:26 PM

Bats in our Bellfree?

C Spray YOU DA MAN! I bet you could even find out where Mr Hoffas bones are buried and save those guys with the Feds all that money and time they still spend trying to find his parts.
Since Tom's Bat is here in San Diego, (I 've seen and heard it running around on the bay below my house) maybe I should buy this Bat, install a Raylar LSM550 in it and Tom and I can hold unsanctioned races on the bay between two Bats. Just for sh*ts and giggles of course!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

offshoredrillin 10-02-2009 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Raylar (Post 2965369)
C Spray YOU DA MAN! I bet you could even find out where Mr Hoffas bones are buried and save those guys with the Feds all that money and time they still spend trying to find his parts.
Since Tom's Bat is here in San Diego, (I 've seen and heard it running around on the bay below my house) maybe I should buy this Bat, install a Raylar LSM550 in it and Tom and I can hold unsanctioned races on the bay between two Bats. Just for sh*ts and giggles of course!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

go for it Ray, you can do that and win a championship by Reggie rules. tell ya what go out and run a cat that doesn't know you're running and you can call it a cat killer :D...make a video too, then go bankrupt.:evilb: omfg people will love you.

verbi69 10-03-2009 03:15 PM

Jim Earl is only 2.5 hours away from me...if anyone needs some pics or something......let me know.
Mike

C_Spray 10-05-2009 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is in it's early days. If my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd make an offer on it and re-fit it with a DPX drive. I have the only Swedish-built pleasure B-28 every brought into the US, and think that it would be neat to match it up with the only Swedish-built B-24. The hull lamination work on these boats is simply awesome.

Andersc-29 01-24-2010 09:44 AM

The first built v-24 ever is actually built in Norway by Ocke and are still here. The guy owning it has fitted a 200xs outboard on it and are going to race in the European UIM C-class with it.
I have a B-23 batboat with a F-16 canopie in this class that I became National champion with last year this boat does aprox 96 mph on a good day with a single 200xs on!
Now Im building/rigging a swedish built B-28 kevlar/divinycell boat for pleasure use. I threw away the canopie and fitted the hardtop roof and a 525 efi, teauge drive and ITS transom. Anybody have experience with similar equipment in a batboat? Thinking bout speed and handling?

intotwins 06-25-2010 04:09 PM

BatBoat

I do know there is one in Lake of the Ozarks sitting in a driveway at the entrance to Shorty Pants bar the hull has been sand and covered with a tarp for a couple of years now.

Catmando 06-26-2010 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Andersc-29 (Post 3030496)
The first built v-24 ever is actually built in Norway by Ocke and are still here. The guy owning it has fitted a 200xs outboard on it and are going to race in the European UIM C-class with it.
I have a B-23 batboat with a F-16 canopie in this class that I became National champion with last year this boat does aprox 96 mph on a good day with a single 200xs on!
Now Im building/rigging a swedish built B-28 kevlar/divinycell boat for pleasure use. I threw away the canopie and fitted the hardtop roof and a 525 efi, teauge drive and ITS transom. Anybody have experience with similar equipment in a batboat? Thinking bout speed and handling?

Vector Powerboats of Canada builds the 28 and also the new 40 race/pleasure. I've seen a Vector test with an 800hp Teague motor and Platinum drive but the boat was $260,000. :eek:

http://www.vectorpowerboats.com/V-280R.html

Lauderdaleboats 06-26-2010 05:34 PM

V23

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Andersc-29 (Post 3030496)

And 103MPH with a 280 Merc.

rchevelle71 06-27-2010 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lauderdaleboats (Post 3145434)
And 103MPH with a 280 Merc.

Cool,

Thanks again for all your help, almost done:drink: