Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone else get SCREWED by an EBAY seller??? >

Anyone else get SCREWED by an EBAY seller???

Notices

Anyone else get SCREWED by an EBAY seller???

Old 02-06-2003, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else get SCREWED by an EBAY seller???

I won an auction for a set of used handheld CB radios....

Bid for CB’s 23.00
Sellers advertised additional costs
Shipping 7.00
Insurance 1.30

We immediately sent the paypal payment of $3l.30.

Seller sent back email asking for an extra $8.30. I sent him back copy of my winning bid amount and the shipping charge he advertised. The amounts added to exactly $31.30, just what we sent him. He had already accepted our payment from PayPal.

Next we received notice that he refunded our money to PayPal. No explanation… Nothing….What the hell is that about…. Won’t answer our emails…

Guess he wasn’t happy with the amount the CB’s went for…. Well to bad, that’s what reserves are for!! What’s to have stopped him from taking the money and not sending any product…. To dammed easy to get scammed out there…. We need a WWW.GETEVEN
Old 02-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

you can report him to ebay and they will investigate....and also leave a nasty feedback for him......i'm not sure how it will workout but thats about all i can offer.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-06-2003, 10:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have two options a complaint to E Bay and Negative Feedback.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use the feedback option to end his ebay career.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can file a "report" with www.squaretrade.com/cnt/jsp/index.jsp the designated mediator for ebay.com

Last edited by AppSysCons; 02-06-2003 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

File a complaint with ebay.... Ha!!!
I filed a complaint against a sellor before the auction closed on a 454 engine complete but disassembled.... I emailed the sellor and guess what? He was selling the engine as "complete" but it did not include a crank, rods or pistons!! Ebay security did nothing except email me and tell me they cannot do anything about it..... not even stop the auction!! What's up with that??
Some security!!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts
Default e-bay

Here is some advice for everyone who uses e-bay. Reporting usually does nothing, calling the FBI fraud line usually does nothing either. I have one rule of thumb, MAKE Personal contact. If they refuse, you do not want to do business with them anyway! I have been ripped off on e-bay and I have had good experiences on e-bay. The good is always a personal contact before the transaction is completed. One more thing, e-bay does not, does not want, does not care to want, to protect you the buyer or seller. They have no system in place to verify that you are you. Anyone can hack in, change your password to lock you out and use your account to do transactions. The hacker will almost always use an account with a high rating. Usually after the fraud is complete, e-bay will send you a notice not to complete the transaction because the "account has been accessed by an unauthorized third party". If you receive this notice, you have been scammed.
Good Luck!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Intolerant1

A guy on one of the motorcycle boards just bought a used bike with a salvage title for parts on ebay. when he got the bike, the engine wouldnt start. Further investigation found that the engine was empty of all its internal parts. They even refilled the engine with oil just in case someone puled the oil plug to check.

Old 02-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

buyer beware.

This is what Ebay Feedback is for.

I NEVER have any problems whatsoever when dealing with an Ebayer that has been a member with the same name for over a year, and with feedback rating of over 50 with no negatives.

Short-term ebayers, ebayers who have recently changed their name (sunglasses next to the name), or low feedback, or high feedback with significant amount of negatives - those are all red flags.

I've gotten some items of questionable quality, but when it mattered, I've asked the seller specific questions and if answered to my liking, have bought stuff and been pretty happy...

Kill this jokers' feedback. Tell what happened.