Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OL 37' is gonna be the boat.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42821-ol-37-gonna-boat.html)

lucy 02-07-2003 07:16 PM

you OL grouppies, bravos do not work for long. try 3A's...

thunderdan 02-07-2003 07:56 PM

o-limit37,

What kind of power were you running when you blew the xr's?

lucy 02-07-2003 08:14 PM

thunderdan
it is not the horse power it is the wave jumping...

lucy 02-07-2003 08:32 PM

thunderdan,

it is not the horse power it is the wave jumping.....

baja_daddy 02-07-2003 08:47 PM

rbourgoin,
We are shopping right now. But he has everything in the air for a 37' now possibly a 42' with the 575's. He wants a 42' now because a dealer he called today told him that all 42's are quad stepped.

Is there a noticable difference between a quad 37' and a single 37'?

He wants the best from the start without all the maintainence hassles.

Sonicdriver, Beautiful boat but just by looking at it I can tell it is to fast;):) If we have one made will it really take 6-8 months? He wants one with a month or so, but does'nt want to rush in and pay to much. He has mega bucks but still makes each nickel scream bloody murder:-)

I think 90+ will be a good speed to get used to an offshore boat. Beside when he gets tired of it he can always sell it to me cheap...Little Princess told me she wants to be a surgeon so I need to start saving for medical school. But on the bright side when she's done an OL would make a grand fathersday gift:)

Treadwellmotorsports 02-08-2003 12:17 AM

baja,

there is one brand new quad step 37 availble with 675 eikerts. also yes the boat can later put in speed sixes. plenty of room in the engine compartment. go talk to chris cestaro from ocean performance, he is in the ciggerette booth in th ac show. tel him eric treadwell sent you. they are good people and will take care of you.

Treadwell

GO4BROKE 02-08-2003 06:45 AM

Originally posted by Too Old

His choice isn't a beginners boat. Unless he shows some restraint he's going to hurt himself or even worse he'll hurt someone else.

I hope he enjoys the boat and is careful.

If he is starting with a boat like that, 90+mph, already worried about more speed, I think there is a whole lot more ego than restraint. This is unfortunately going to be the next person asking for prayers on OSO. I just hope he doesn't hurt anyone else. Driving huge fishing boats counts about as much as driving a tractor trailer prepares you to run the Indy 500. Keep him off Lake Ontario please!

Von Bongo 02-08-2003 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by baja_daddy
rbourgoin,
He wants a 42' now because a dealer he called today told him that all 42's are quad stepped.

Ohhh where is T2x when you need him?????

h2owarrior 02-08-2003 11:41 AM

Originally posted by baja_daddy
but he is very stubborn and once he thinks he knows what he wants usually thats that...
Your boss sounds like an arrogant ass:rolleyes: Not that I care that he might hurt himself or one of his passengers......but he very well may hurt an unsuspecting boater who happens to be running in a poker run with him......and since he is obviously more interested in impressing people than knowing what he is doing (or listening to those that do) will probably run wide open not having a clue what to do in a panic situation.

If the guy has got that much money and is really interested in learning about hgh performance boating.....he should by a single engine boat and learn for a season........he can easily upgrade power throughout the season......that is if he is really interested in learning about high performance boating.

Are the people trying to sell him a boat discussing this issue with him ?

thunderdan 02-08-2003 11:46 AM

h20,

How do you really feel????;) :D :D :D :p