If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My Boats:
    1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
    Iowa - Missouri
    Originally posted by GO4BROKE
    If he is starting with a boat like that, 90+mph, already worried about more speed, I think there is a whole lot more ego than restraint. This is unfortunately going to be the next person asking for prayers on OSO. I just hope he doesn't hurt anyone else. Driving huge fishing boats counts about as much as driving a tractor trailer prepares you to run the Indy 500. Keep him off Lake Ontario please!
    I think we are giving him poor advice here, if he hasn't bought the boat yet and is concerned about power and drives, I think it is only fair to advise him what would be the proper boat and he won't need to upgrade hopefully in the near future.
    Last edited by Von Bongo; 02-08-2003 at 11:57 AM.

My Boats:
    36' Apache Warrior
    Elkton, MD

Give the guy a break!

Ok, no one knows who this guy is, why is everyone passing judgement.

If he buys a brand new OL, I am sure that Fiore is going to teach him how to drive the boat. My buddy got a brand new 42 with 1000's and Fiore took him out and test drove the boat with him and showed him how to handle the boat and set it up properly.

Ok, so we may have to keep a distance from him at the poker run? I bet he will pick it up quickly, it's not rocket science!

Good luck with the new boat!!

My Boats:
    You can't boat on an ICE FLOW
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: Give the guy a break!

Originally posted by Panther
    My buddy got a brand new 42 with 1000's and Fiore took him out and test drove the boat with him and showed him how to handle the boat and set it up properly.
    WOW, a whole test drive.......well there you have it

You have no idea how right you are my man, I think you know my bosses type exactly...He asks for my advice, and if its not what he wants to hear then he asks again till I tell him what he wants to hear. This is purely an ego thing with him...You all know the type, always has to have the best of everything...

A good example: A kid at work went out and bought a GSXR 750, my boss went out the next week and bought a GSXR 1000. Went from a Harley to a sportbike and now both sit in his garage. I think the GSXR might have 50 miles on it. He had never ridden a sportbike before and scared hisself to death andnow it will sit in his garage for about 2 years. I'm sure the boat will be the same deal....We found a 37' Stiletto at NM that he really like,just does'nt like the people. It is very hard to get info on a boat unless you calling to ask where to wire the money

He wants to go with a 37' today but by tomorrow I'm sure he will be back to a 42'...Who are all the Outerlimits dealers? We have talked to NM , Ocean Performance(seem to be the best so far), and Trenton Marine( nice guys but seem to be priced real high)...Who is the best dealer to deal with as far as price and customer service and everything else???

Thanks everyone

My Boats:
    chris from ocean performance is the best.

Charter Member Charter Member rbtnt's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 28 Eliminator Daytona
    Central, Ohio USA
    Does anyone know if Scarab still offers a drving school? If he would go to something like this, he might enjoy his ride a lot more and be a lot safer. - Pages of boat related links

My Boats:
    2009 30 LS7 SKATER 711
    Livonia Mi Usa

Banana 37 0t

bravos will never live especially with rookie driver ask mike at the factory he will tell you no bravos and if he wants more power lattergo with 6s and forget about it my 2 cents wourth okay lets have fun

Platinum Member Platinum Member TomFTM's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37 Outerlimits,33 Fountain,42 Searay,18 Searay,13 Boston Whaler
    Glen Cove ,NY 11542
    Ditto what treadwell said , Chris Cestaro at Ocean Performance is a very knowledgable person to deal with regarding OL 's .Ocean performance would be your best bet. He will also be in Miami at the show.
    37 O.L. owner

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234