Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   i need a boat transported from detroit. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42904-i-need-boat-transported-detroit.html)

Steve_H 02-08-2003 10:34 AM

hey Scott , thanks a bunch for the offer.
i Do appreciate it!!

i really want to play it by the book as much as possible so ill probably go with a licenced hauler or a tow service.

again , thankyou!

MnFastBoat 02-08-2003 05:18 PM

Loto, have you talked with your local license department?
Are they goign to charge you AGAIN for taxes?
if not, pay it and be done with it.
Does the broker know that you are goign to Document the boat?
Is so they should know about the no taxes.
I bought mine and did not pay Az tax.
Maybe another reason why I am NOT in MO :)

Good luck and you better hurry :)

46tomcat 02-08-2003 05:26 PM

loto party send me a pm Im in transportion bussiness I may be able to help with paperwork Tom

Steve_H 02-08-2003 05:37 PM

bought my last boat in oklahoma , documented with coast gaurd and avoided paying tax to either state.

but , i found out today that oklahoma doesnt have sales tax on boats. apperently thats how i avoided the tax last time.

looks like im paying but hopefully not both states.
ill know more monday when i talk to missouri.

Reindl Powerboats 02-08-2003 06:08 PM

but , i found out today that oklahoma doesnt have sales tax on boats. apperently thats how i avoided the tax last time.

I find that a rather large loophole. Are you sure?? We have ways to avoid sales tax in OH also, but few know them.

packinair 02-08-2003 06:40 PM

I am 50 miles from detriot right on the ohio line if you need a place to stash it you are welcome to have it parked in my driveway marina for a bit.. everyone else does (GLASSDAVE:mad: )

Steve_H 02-08-2003 09:38 PM

I find that a rather large loophole. Are you sure??
am i sure? well ..... no. that information was posted to me on another boating forum by an oklahoma resident. im not sure of anything until i see it in writing however i do know this. i paid NO sales tax on my last boat which i bought in oklahoma.

packinair , thanks for the offer but it sounds like all the spaces are takin :p

Steve_H 02-10-2003 09:05 AM

just got off the phone with missouri. will only have to pay 650.00 for in-leu-of-sales-tax if i document.

i avoid michigan sales tax as long as i have the boat trucked out of michigan. i pay the broker , the broker pays the hauler.

ill probably have it towed to ohio and drag her home the rest of the way myself.

i new there was a way out of this ;)

Gary864 02-10-2003 10:43 AM

I was at the Detroit Boat show this weekend and talked to the guys at Sunsation, but it looks like you have it all taken care of. If you have a problem give them a call at the number I gave you in the pm I sent. You love the Sunsation they are great boats. Maybe I can by a 40 when it comes out (I can only hope). Once your part of the Sunsation family you are forever. Even when you by a Phantomoke I did

packinair 02-10-2003 10:53 AM

Originally posted by lotoparty

packinair , thanks for the offer but it sounds like all the spaces are takin :p

always room for an OSO brother in need