Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Impressed me most when ___________! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43073-oso-impressed-me-most-when-___________.html)

CigDaze 11-16-2007 07:36 AM

The raffle for Todd's Boat was probably the coolest thing I've been a part of on this site. That ranks right up there as one of the brightest examples of what a great group this is!

:cool:

excalibur32 11-16-2007 07:46 AM

You need to fire the 5 mechanics on your staff and hire the one from OSO! Think of the money you would save.

CROWN MAN 11-16-2007 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze (Post 2337678)
The raffle for Todd's Boat was probably the coolest thing I've been a part of on this site. That ranks right up there as one of the brightest examples of what a great group this is!

My thoughts exactly, That was very cool !!!
I have met some really good people thanks to OSO

Dean Ferry 11-16-2007 07:57 AM

Nick,
Same here, that touched my heart, and usually, the only one's who can do that is my family! I guess that makes OSO part of my family!:D
Dean

danh63 11-16-2007 08:45 AM

Even if you just ask one question on here it is cheaper then just one hour at the shop. Well worth the money

sellsman11 11-16-2007 09:03 AM

Hands down the coolest thing I have ever witnessed.:cool:

Also...the entertainment is priceless. Anybody remember the thread involving A cell phone, a moose, a canadian, MASHER and overhead satellite pictures??!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...t=GERRY+CANADA

ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!:cool-smiley-011:

OffshoreOnly 11-16-2007 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by f311fr1 (Post 2337460)
Just renewed my membership tonight. I think it is 5 years now.
I have sold 2 boats and many parts on OSO. I have met many people that I now consider frends. This is a great site and makes the term "networking" a reality. Joe Murray

As Steve mentioned in another thread, if you have been a member for five plus years, please email this user name your name and address and in the re of the mail put "baseball hat". We will send you an OSO baseball hat as a way of saying thank you for your continued membership.

T2x 11-16-2007 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 2337662)
This has to be one of your more logical posts!:D

Did it rain in Georgia yet or are y'all still delirious from thirst?:p

bouyhunter 11-16-2007 09:55 AM

I agree, that was the first thought that came to my mind also.
We haven't heard anything from Todd lately, last I heard he was doing well, and getting better.
And also, most recently, a few members helping another member to help give him his deceased brothers final wish of a burial at sea.
I've "met", and I've met some really great people on this site.

Some great memories too.
Meeting RG3 in KW in 2004. She was wearing a torn up shirt (in true RG3 fashion) that had "Allan4 is a putz" on the back of it. And then, she took me over and introduced me to Allan4, and Thrillseeker.
The following year, I was in St. Pete, eating chicken for breakfast with Stan & Lyann (sp?) Ware and his family. BS'ing with the Motley guys in the drypits.
The next day, Ratman had me and my wife out in the gulf in his 35' Mistress in some really sloppy water, and we were just launching off every wave. I'm never gonna forget that ride.
Just last week, I had a someone offer to ship me some parts he didn't need that I could use. He did it for free.
I recently had to put down my dog. For over a week, I had people here supporting me and my wife, and helping us get through making the decision of what was best for Riley.
Yeah, you guy's are family.

bobl 11-16-2007 10:00 AM

The boating, knowledge and friendships are most certainly the major attributes of OSO. However, I find myself spending more and more time on here keeping up with what's going on around the country. If there is a major issue, whether it be sports, economy, disaster, etc. it is discussed here and generally someone is on here that has in depth knowledge or involvement to get the facts out. We have an amazing mix of people.