Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story! >

OT: Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story!

Notices

OT: Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story!

Old 02-12-2003, 10:52 AM
RickerTX

Queen Baja,

Not fair creating a new screen name to flame Shane. Be proud and be yourself.

Old 02-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Queen Baja
Shane,

There is no need to know more information about me but I sure do know some about you?
Queen Baja,

First, if you are who I think you are, we are having an intelligent and respectful discussion. Your addition to the thread was surely not adding any value to the converstaion. What I do with MY time is MY business, but again, if YOU are who I THINK you are then what you do on work time is MY business as well as all the tax payers in NY.

If you are NOT who I think you are, then...my bad.

Evil Twin,

I will agree to disagree and hopefully see you snowmobiling soon or boating this summer. No need to argue over this, we just have a difference in opinion and certainly can get along just fine not agreeing. What makes this board great is teh diversity of the membership and their participation in many broad topics. I hope it continues.

How was your trip to Canada?
Old 02-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Registered

Chris232,

GREAT POINT!
Old 02-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Queen Baja

Shane,

Your bad!

Old 02-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Chris232,

Boy you sure can change your tune in a hurry. One minute you are stating facts about the fee and what is happening to the site and then you come on here and make a statement like this. Does the top of the fence post hurt? If you reread and maybe reread again if necessary, I am not saying what is right and wrong, but I said maybe rethink what comments and subjects are used (particularly when concerning personal beliefs and opinions). Discuss them rather than get "too personal". Not everyone believes in the same things which is perfectly OK. Just don't go flaming someone for not seeing things the same way. And what my point is (was) is that some subjects are not good topics to "push" (politics and religion). Discuss yes, push no. Use commen sense. Other wise many may be turned off and leave. Which as many will say is OK, but then you will have the same "members" without any new input. I'm sure that is not what was intended with this site.

Shane,

Canada was not that great. Trails needed alittle more snow. I ended up going through a lake at 1:30 in the morning at 25 below. I was in the water for 45 minutes. Got sled out and running in 30 minutes. Not a good trip. It has been great at the lake though. I may be coming up to Lake George for the Truck races this weekend.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Registered

Evil Twin,

You going to watch someone you know or just to watch in general? If you have never been...they are pretty boring! I would suggest coming up next weekend for the snowmobile and quad/motorcycle races. Much more exciting and lots more action. This weekend is the one weekend in the winter when my family comes up, so I will be tubing with my nephew and riding him around the house on the lake. A bunch of us are riding next Friday through Sunday. Friday in Indian Lake to Old Forge etc and Saturday and Sunday on and around the lake. Friends are racing cars and sleds etc. Let me know if you are coming up.

Shane
Old 02-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

A group of about 20 of us are going up with the sleds. We know about 15 of the trucks racing. We have been going for years (except last year).
Old 02-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Registered

Cool. Have a good time. I would really like to hear more about your going through the ice in Canada. I went through LG about 6 years ago. Blew the sled up like 2 or 3 weeks later in Canada. You were in the water for quite a long time. Any problems with hypothermia? Any damage to the sled? How deep was the water? I bet it has been really hard to get all the seat foam thoroughly dry. I know it was for me and my buddy that went in a few years back. Good luck.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:26 PM
wilerty

Some further information ...

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...rypanthers.htm

Old 02-12-2003, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally posted by EvilTwin
Chris232,

Boy you sure can change your tune in a hurry. One minute you are stating facts about the fee and what is happening to the site and then you come on here and make a statement like this. Does the top of the fence post hurt? If you reread and maybe reread again if necessary, I am not saying what is right and wrong, but I said maybe rethink what comments and subjects are used (particularly when concerning personal beliefs and opinions). Discuss them rather than get "too personal". Not everyone believes in the same things which is perfectly OK. Just don't go flaming someone for not seeing things the same way. And what my point is (was) is that some subjects are not good topics to "push" (politics and religion). Discuss yes, push no. Use commen sense. Other wise many may be turned off and leave. Which as many will say is OK, but then you will have the same "members" without any new input. I'm sure that is not what was intended with this site.

Shane,

Canada was not that great. Trails needed alittle more snow. I ended up going through a lake at 1:30 in the morning at 25 below. I was in the water for 45 minutes. Got sled out and running in 30 minutes. Not a good trip. It has been great at the lake though. I may be coming up to Lake George for the Truck races this weekend.

I agree that if we increased the population of members that maybe more sponsors would pay to advertise on this site and that maybe the fee won't go up, because its probably not going to go away. But if you think that political or religious discussions will keep people from comming to this site, well thats your opinion, were all for the most part adults and in many cases share the same views but what fun would that be, thats what makes us unique and the same.... IF people can't handle discussions about things they find objectionable, they don't need to read them, thats what O.T. means and they should stay away. It really bugs the SH!T outta me when it clearly states O.T. and people just have to reac it anyway and then complain they are offended by what they were just warned not to read, do we really need such thin skinned people on here whining and complaining ??. ANYWHO, Like I said before, I belong to many other msg boards, some with over 30,000 members some with the exact same layout as this board,,, reefcentral.com to name one, and it totally free.... I have a lot of hobbies, skiing, boating, RC cars, salt water reef aquarium, jet-skiing, if I had to pay 20 or 30 dollars for each of these boards, then yes the fees would start to get costly and I probably would not belong to 1/3 of them. IF anything will scare potential new members away from this board it will be the FEEE....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.