Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just got back from the Grand Rapids boat show. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43263-just-got-back-grand-rapids-boat-show.html)

Waterfoul 02-12-2003 07:35 PM

Just got back from the Grand Rapids boat show.

Went with Rambunctious. Not that many performance boats, but it's always nice to get out of the house with friends.

Nordic was there with a 25, 28, and a 35
Velocity had a 26 VR1
Powerquest had a 26, 34, and a 28 and 32 Sunsport

And that's about it for performance boats. Pretty dissapointed. Baja and Checkmate pretty much rule the water around here, and there were NONE at the show from either manufacturer. First time I can remember that happening and I've been going to this show for about 30 years.

Saw the add for Crazyhorse's Sea Ray......lot's of boat for the money if anyone needs a 31 Searay.

fred 02-12-2003 08:17 PM

I am surprised that the dealer from Gun Lake wasn't there with Checkmate....Fred

Just Say N2O 02-12-2003 09:58 PM

What is Crazyhorse asking for the Sea Ray?

fred 02-13-2003 05:58 AM

Bill,...$29,900....How are things going over in your area?....Fred

rv 02-13-2003 07:32 AM

Mike,
Were those the same Nordics that were at the Chicago boat show or where any new ones added.

Rick

Waterfoul 02-13-2003 04:43 PM

rv, they had the same 25 and 28.......but I don't recall seeing a 35 at the Chicago show. Honestly, I was not impressed with the 35. There are a LOT of unfinished edges. Just check out the door to the "head" on the starboard side. Only finished on one side, and you WILL cut yourself on the inside edge. And the hinges for this door were, in my opinion, 3rd rate. Just awful. A 10th grader in metal shop could do better. For something that cost over $100,000, I expected more. I don't mind "spartan" cabins, but this boat just didn't impress me. And, to top it off, from the drivers seat, I could not see the tachs or the speedo. They are on the lower level, completely obscured by the wheel for me (I'm 5'8" tall). Why are the tachs, perhaps the most important gauge on a boat, not up high, on level with where your eyes are 99% of the time??

The 28 on the other hand, seemed to be finished much better. Gauges are easier to see too. And this one had a 502 with a Procharger on it. Sweet!! Everything powdercoated purple....very nice boat. Was custom ordered that way, and is sold.

Mike

Dredgeking 02-13-2003 04:54 PM

mike, if you've been going to the show for 30 years, then you're getting old buddy. just had to poke a little fun at you.

J-BOAT 02-13-2003 05:08 PM

May have to go saturday for my mid winter fiberglass fix, although the last several years performance boat's have not been too well represented.