Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is the best way to get rid of my X? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43270-what-best-way-get-rid-my-x.html)

PhantomChaos 02-12-2003 08:41 PM

What is the best way to get rid of my X?

My lease is coming due on my Excursion. I ordered it and received it a month before Ford figured out the demand wasn't going to be what they thought. The leasing company made me an offer about 16% lower than the residual value on the lease. I don't want to keep this truck as I want to get a new 2003 with the new 6.0 engine.

Does anyone have an opinon about buying a leased vehicle to sell and make a few bucks, or is it just a pain in the a$$?

mcollinstn 02-12-2003 08:46 PM

I know people who buy their lease car all the time. Sometimes cause they have grown attached to it. Other times cause they can buy it for less than market and then turn around and sell it.

Be aware that it is only a good idea if your particular vehicle is of a desirable color and trim level AND it is in immaculate condition.

From the pictures I have seen of your boats, you should have no trouble convincing a buyer that you have maintained it well.

Anytime you gotta advertise, show, and try to market your own vehicle, it is a hassle. It can work out well, though at times.

If you can buy your truck for NADA trade-in value, then you can make a buck on it. If you must pay near retail, let her go.

wwwTOPDJcom 02-12-2003 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
AND I Looked at this post Why?

packinair 02-12-2003 08:56 PM

keep in mind when you buy it out you have to pay tax on the full buy out

florida gator 02-12-2003 09:08 PM

Depending on how high the supply is,you can negotiate the buy out. I have had success and been turned down. It doesn't hurt to try though.

tmager 02-12-2003 09:10 PM

Actually, you don't have to buy it to sell it. Just have the buyer write a check for the payoff and a check to you for the remainder, or a check for the selling price to the dealer and then the dealer writes you a check for the extra. I did this a few years back on a car I sold 10 weeks before the lease was up and walked away with a $2300 check. So it would have cost me $3300 to lease it for 10 more weeks if I kept it.

outer42 02-12-2003 09:12 PM

are the used ones worth anything,i tried to trade mine with 60,000 and said it was worth 18,000/ 2000 model loaded v-10 limited. the new ones have a big rebate on them like 5000. for sale anyone. bought a S500. phantom let us know.

timucin 02-12-2003 10:21 PM

Originally posted by catmando
TOP:D :D That's what I thought he meant too.:rolleyes: :D

me 2
;)

Audiofn 02-12-2003 10:54 PM

remember that the used car market like the boat market SUCKS right now. The best way to get rid of it will be to park it at the bottom of your hill with the keys in it :D:D

I would just get the new one as the risk would be to high on the resale.

Jon

PhantomChaos 02-12-2003 11:52 PM

Is it worth $28K?