Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Will Sbi Survive (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43275-will-sbi-survive.html)

mr_velocity 02-13-2003 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Ron P
SBI has some great race sites under contact for 2003. John is a surviver and he only wants between 20 and 30 boats per race.

My question is, what is happening with APBA LLC and APBA Detroit. I hear things but see no evidence.

Interesting little article in Propeller Magazine on the offshore page about memberships.

Ron P 02-13-2003 12:01 PM

What does it say??? I don't get propeller.

mr_velocity 02-13-2003 12:09 PM

See the apba website

1HYPER1 02-13-2003 08:46 PM

Hey Ron P,
ONLY 20 to 30 boats,dont you think it would be better and alot more competetive if you had 10 to 15 boats in each class unless you are only doing this to say that you race boats and that I finished in the top 3 boats,There are alot of people associated with SBI that have outrageous equipment and are also very talanted as racers that I am very surprised do not want to have more competition to prove themselves and to the competition that they are serious about winning and prove that they can win with more than 1 or 2 boats in a class.And as for the Jersey Boys they are going to have a better turn out of boats than the professional classes in SBI.I think that the Jersey Boys have the right concept and hopefully it will flow over into the APBA not just stop with the SBI events.

Ron P 02-13-2003 08:54 PM

Bigger classes of boats = bigger fun factor. I wasn't saying what I liked.

Rock on Jersey Boyz and the OPA NE series.

1HYPER1 02-13-2003 09:39 PM

Ron these are only opinions,
Look at the big picture and then lets go racing,Hell for that matter I would love to see you gey back into a boat and not have transmission problems so that I could race against you to see if you have still got what it takes,you used to do ok,why did you give it up.REMEMBER AT POINT PLEASANT THE SIGNS ABOUT B&M. I do.

Ron P 02-14-2003 12:11 AM

Now you've got my attention. Very few people saw those signs. That's funny that you remember that. Someone called B&M and told them about our new decal because the next day when I called to see if they would help out (since they were rebuilt the week before, because they broke before our first race the month prior) they weren't too pleased. You know we made real decals for the engine hatch that stayed on for the rest of the season.

Yup once we got the B&Ms out and the Hubers in, we did OK.

What boat do you have? Mr T ran in the mid 90s, hell we averaged 77 in Ocean City MD in four foot seas. That was our best race of all. I can't imagine a better built and designed boat than a Phantom. I just don't know why Will's boats aren't in demand as much as they should be.

Our business was sold and so was the boat.

Jeff 02-14-2003 05:07 AM

Hey Ron, come on down , I run crash boxes still. Your more than welcome to come down and help knock the dust off some pussies in Sarasota in your old V-bottom (convertible) won't be too much longer.he he he, JD.

BODYSHOT1 02-14-2003 07:31 AM

Ron P

..sounds like a Great Invite from Jeff!!

Go For It Dude!! :D :D

Ron P 02-14-2003 09:15 AM

Hum, its 10 degrees and getting to ready to snow here.... or I could go to Sarasota and ride with Jeff in Mr T. Hummm...

I think I better warm up the snow blower or my wife will kill me.

Jeff, I'll take you up on that next time I get to the left coast of FL.

Convertable??????????? YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!!