Notices

Will Sbi Survive

Old 02-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill half the time I don't remember where I left my keys! This weather should be good for business other wise it sucks.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:40 AM
WATERBOY2

Bill, the number of boats participating in the Point Pleasant, NJ race has been on a steady decline, and in 1995 there were only 35 boats!Between 1994 & 1995 rule changes "beached" some 'A' boats and the entire USO 'F' Class.....12 boats strong in 1994!

Old 02-15-2003, 11:45 AM
Smittymarine

We are on the way back! If you know where any more of those boats are let me know. We have been in contact with over 65 teams. Not to say that many are going to show for every race, but if we average 35 to 40 this season it is a major step in the right direction. Ed

Old 02-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Smitty,& Mark
I agree with what you guys are saying,I am curious if you guys have had any positive input from any of the APBA regulars that they are going to come and race with the OPA or are they going to only race APBA.I also would love to see some of the old pro stock fleet come out and start to race again instead of leaving there boats just sit in there pole barns,or garages.as well as many of the other outboard powered boats.Hey Mike W that would be perfect for you,you could get out the Motion and kick some serious butt,in fact I will even get in the boat with you and show em how to get it on.PS this snow is good for all of us old guys that own body shops.Hey Mark doesnt Carlton still have one of the canapied 28s.give me a call.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Registered

Default hyper1

Bill I am looking for someone to share expences and not kill me. But you know I sure would like to put some color on my plain white boat, nothing fancy but something attractive. Hint Hint. We will talk. I believe I now have most of the safty gear needed.

Ed Smith do we know the total cost of entering a race? I guess money for SBI and money for OPC. Have you found out any thing about a dunk test? Call me when you get time Hell by the time summer gets here fuel will be $3 a gal. Thanks Michael
410-885-2848

Last edited by mmwalters; 02-15-2003 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mike,
I have never been one to be bashfull while running a boat,but I also have never put one on its lid and I dont plan on starting to accomplish that at any time in the near future if you know what I mean and I will also help with the expenses,you should know better than that,we also can put some wild and crazy paint on that boat when ever you think your ready,just do not let Chip have any influance on what colors and scheme to use.Did you happen to catch the latest on the weather,another 15 to 20 inches of snow arriving tommorrow,great news,dont you think.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Registered

Bill I could not even tell chip till after it was done He still has some pictures from the 60s he would like to use for a guide. I am ready when ever you are. I just want something simple you know like me. Snow Snow I don't think the hard stuff will come down for some time yet. [ bill murry]
Old 02-17-2003, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally posted by outer37
hey the boat will need to be waxed, for a ride. 130mph marty
Just for everyones info., Marty does not have time for boat rides!! He has to hold my wrenches for me! :
Old 02-17-2003, 10:04 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vinman,
You better keep a close eye in him then. He might run off and sign autographs or something. I can just see it now, The Extremely Dangerous boat in the pits with Marty signing autographs with his Beray on and Vinman popping up out of the bilge greasy and dirty with the Response of "What the @#%&"!!!!!
Anyone else agree??????
LOL!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2003, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure I follow...????

Quick Reply: Will Sbi Survive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.