Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poll: Synthetic engine oil or no? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43402-poll-synthetic-engine-oil-no.html)

Buddy OO 08-04-2005 06:18 PM

Re: Poll: Synthetic engine oil or no?

Swepco is less than 6$ quart. I'll have my rep post the exact specs on the oil. The ingredients are labeled on the product. They use the absolute best ingredients available. Not asking everyone to believe me, just check it out for yourself. There are OEM's using it exclusively. It works , Several of us high performance LOTO boaters have changed and love it, picked up 2 mph with Swepco oils. call them and they'll tell you what you want to know.

Hydrocruiser 08-04-2005 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Swepco is less than 6$ quart. I'll have my rep post the exact specs on the oil. The ingredients are labeled on the product. They use the absolute best ingredients available. Not asking everyone to believe me, just check it out for yourself. There are OEM's using it exclusively. It works , Several of us high performance LOTO boaters have changed and love it, picked up 2 mph with Swepco oils. call them and they'll tell you what you want to know.

How about posting the ingredients... :D

The base is close to equal to a PAO...it's a refined conventional oil....need to know detergents...antiwear additives..friction modifiers...viscosity improvers...TBN...HTTP...cSTs@100*C...
...NOAK Volatility....if esters are added...anti-corrosion additives and Flash Points and fire points.

I DO have all that information on:

Mobil-1 products
Amsoil products
Redline Products
Penzoil Products
Kendall Products
Exxon products
Castrol Prodcts
A few Royal Purple products they are a Grade 2 carrier 20% and then 80% PAO...a bit unusual but good as they have lots of ZDDP...moly too.

No data....no gonna try ...

Sean H 08-04-2005 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
How about posting the ingredients... :D

The base is colse to equal to a PAO...it's a refined conventional oil....need to know detergents...antiwear additives..friction modifiers...viscosity improvers...TBN...HTTP...cSTs@100*C...
...NOAK Volatility....if esters are added...anti-corrosion additives and Flash Points and fire points.

I DO have all that information on:

Mobil-1 products
Amsoil products
Redline Products
Penzoil Products
Kendall Products
Exxon products
Castrol Prodcts
A few Royal Purple products they are a Grade 2 carrier 20% and then 80% PAO...a bit unusual but good as they have lots of ZDDP...moly too.

No data....no gonna try ...

it feels slick.... :D :D and its a pretty purple kinda color.. :D

Hydrocruiser 08-04-2005 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
it feels slick.... :D :D and its a pretty purple kinda color.. :D

Slick is from whatever friction modifier is in it...most use moly...

The purple in Royal Purple is just a dye I was told. This may be too.

Marketing 101...looks pretty :D

Why aren't the oil guys on bob's site interested in looking into this product? They taked about it a bit then stopped. I am not sure paraffinic based oils interest them all that much. I don't know a whole lot about these bases...they are decent....I do want to know the additives in it....and the chemical heat and shear properties before saying anything more.

Sean H 08-04-2005 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Slick is from whatever friction modifier is in it...most use moly...

The purple in Royal Purple is just a dye I was told. This may be too.

Marketing 101...looks pretty :D

i know some of the guys running this stuff and they seem to swear by it and it seems to work okay in big HP motors...

Hydrocruiser 08-04-2005 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i know some of the guys running this stuff and they seem to swear by it and it seems to work okay in big HP motors...

I will check around for some data if not available I may buy some and have it analyzed.

Nothing goes in "my pan" until I see the specs.

Swepco "features"...

Contains DIMONYL.....what is that?

Contains organic Moly which plates all vital metal surfaces...how much..too much can flat-top?? with a friction reducing film.

Highly effective anti-oxidant additive.....which ones??

Increases chemical and thermal stability of any oil...in what way?

Need to know:

VI
HTTP
TBN
NOAK Volatility
Base stock grade
Additives
Flash Point
Fire Point

With oil either you have the specs and know or it's an advertising game. This could be great stuff...let's get the information.

So far we know it's slick..Purple..OEMs have been given some probably..and a few stories..

Buddy OO 08-04-2005 09:23 PM

I'll call the National Sales Rep in the mourning and have him post all the info you requested and his number. He is very sharp and can explain all the features and every partical in the formula. He loves and believes in the product. Nortech for one has done extensive testing with thiis oil and dynoed with and without it, tested viscosity after use, checked friction and have saw horsepower gains, I dont see alot of 1150+hp motors running 200 hours before even checking them. I believe the oil and maintenance sc hedule is huge on the longevity of the motor. We are the dealer at loto for it. I'll send you a free case, if it does'nt outperform your current oil and your oil analysis at 20 hours is'nt awesome , Its your for free. That was the deal I was made, Swepco is 100% confident in their product and after using it I know why. Just looked at the oil after 20 hours with 2 well respected mechanics and they could'nt believe how well its held up.

articfriends 08-04-2005 09:43 PM

I see swepco is only 5.25 a qt for 20/50 on drivewerks website for anyone interested,Smitty

vandy021 08-05-2005 11:32 AM

Swepco has the OEM's. I thought XOM has the market cornered with them.. Maybe not. Everyone is always switching.

Hydrocruiser 08-05-2005 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
I'll call the National Sales Rep in the mourning and have him post all the info you requested and his number. He is very sharp and can explain all the features and every partical in the formula. He loves and believes in the product. Nortech for one has done extensive testing with thiis oil and dynoed with and without it, tested viscosity after use, checked friction and have saw horsepower gains, I dont see alot of 1150+hp motors running 200 hours before even checking them. I believe the oil and maintenance sc hedule is huge on the longevity of the motor. We are the dealer at loto for it. I'll send you a free case, if it does'nt outperform your current oil and your oil analysis at 20 hours is'nt awesome , Its your for free. That was the deal I was made, Swepco is 100% confident in their product and after using it I know why. Just looked at the oil after 20 hours with 2 well respected mechanics and they could'nt believe how well its held up.

Hopefully we will get some users to run hard on big blower motors and see what things like like on teardown.