Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
APBA single engine program for Super Cat?? >

APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Notices

APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Old 02-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Kent Perroux

Unfortunately the last couple of years I did not have the time to keep up with the SUPERCATS as much as I would have liked. (Hopefully that will change this year.)

I did not realize you had your parts in that many boats. I knew you were involved in the drives on Nigel's boat and Ettore, but not the others. The Single Engine deal looks like just the engine program. Are you saying it addresses the drives and transimissions also?

PS - When I meant "face-time" I did not mean personal appearances, I meant your product getting more TV time.

Kent

Old 02-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dred im with you slow cats ==boring
Old 02-22-2003, 02:58 PM
Kent Perroux

catmando,

The release does not specify Merc # 6's as the only drive. It is refering only to the engines.

Old 02-22-2003, 05:22 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by tachyon
......and just maybe the sport will be what it once was.....
What, dying?
It seems that there are a few who want things the way they used to be. Back when TV sucked, very few real sponsors, much less prize purses, no real spectator base...
Yeah, those were the days.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:55 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Shane B
Well the one supplier is Sterling.
Well there you go................The racers voted and it happened. Armed with an overwhelming mandate the LLC boldly moved forward and.....................(oops! wrong script).

I like Mike D. and he obviously builds superior engines, but call me crazy........didn't I just hear Mercury Marine, Baker, Teague, et al groan from a kick to the gonads?........ Well who cares really?
Don't worry, be happy, drink Koolaid.............

T2x

P.S........ Brian: I was looking at my 2003 APBA card....Did you get yours yet??
Old 02-22-2003, 06:34 PM
GOT MERC?

Question Good Old Boy Favortism?

Congrats to Mike D and the Sterling crew! Just one issue that I would like to throw out on this thread concerning favortism amung the previous customers of Sterling. How is any other Super Cat Team going to know if everyone is getting the same combination? The same HP and so on? Just remember who is Sterlings biggest customer. This issue needs some clarifying. Do you think that Hidden Agendas and Drambuies engines were exactly the same last season? Plus Mike D has made an offer to convert any other engine builders Super Cat engines to the new specs. I would love to be able to look at all my competions engines internally and see how they tick.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We can sit here and debate this all month long, but it means nothing in the end. The complaining and whining is deplorable.

Some things to think about:
Quite possibly, Sterling was the best deal for racers!
Perhaps, it was some of the more influential SC teams that
suggested this.
Quite possibly, we will be seeing more horsepower in Supercat!
Quite possibly, we will be seeing less boats break down...Look to
those currently running Sterling Power.
Look for engines running 2 to 3 races reliability in the near future.

And I keep hearing the word 'Boring' come up over and over....Next time your at the races, walk up to some of the drivers and T-men and tell them that their races are boring. It is anything but boring.

I personally like watching a race where it's a battle to the end of the last lap...not a 'last man standing' event.

Give the people in the know a call sometime...You'd be amazed at what you'll find out.

Time to move forward, the glory days are often over-glorified!

Last edited by Baja Daze; 02-24-2003 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up purple card

Rich:

I got my card right here - member # 3977 Region 14 - 2003. Let's go racing! BH

Last edited by THEJOKER; 02-23-2003 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not at all that surprised that Sterling got the bid.

Just from a spectators standpoint and this is pure speculation but, GM IS this year's title sponsor. Correct? Sterlings are built in Michigan. Correct? GM is attempting to tap into the marine engine market, directly(from my standpoint ONLY). Correct? Sterling does build a good engine. Correct? To me, it seems like an easy decision. It will be closer for GM to do R&D work if based out of Michigan.

The question that I have is who will do the inspections on the Super Cat? Will the inspection stay with Innovation or be moved elsewhere?
Old 02-24-2003, 10:26 AM
Registered

I believe the inspections will continue to be done by CRE (Certified Race Equipment, Inc).

Quick Reply: APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.