Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
APBA single engine program for Super Cat?? >

APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Notices

APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Old 02-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Ryan,
I agree with you,the guy that wins at SBI is usually the one that breaks his equipment after the majority of the other racers have already broken down which surprises me because there are certainly alot of quality boats and crews that race that circuit,and money certainly is not an issue,because they all are running state of the art equipment.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
In my opinion I think that doing this would create parity,meaning that some teams that have unlimited bugets and teams that do not have unlimited budgets would be on a much more even playing field,meaning,Drambuie,WHM,Tommy Bahama,Hidden AGENDA etc would have to rely on boat set up,prop selection as well as weight distribution not just if this or that doesnt work we will just spend more money to see if something else will work better and if it doesnt work we will just do something else.I am not taking away the talants of these guys,but it just seems that the guy who is spending the most money is the guy who is going to win.We all know that John Tomlinson is on the top of his game as well as Joey Impressia,Mark Nemschoff and the list goes on & on,but lets face it if it comes down to set up and good driving as well as good throttling and everyone having the same power it would make for that much better racing and if you dont agree I dont know what else to say,except see you at the races.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And we'll call it FACTORY CAT...
Old 02-18-2003, 07:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally posted by 1HYPER1
In my opinion I think that doing this would create parity,meaning that some teams that have unlimited bugets and teams that do not have unlimited budgets would be on a much more even playing field,meaning,Drambuie,WHM,Tommy Bahama,Hidden AGENDA etc would have to rely on boat set up,prop selection as well as weight distribution not just if this or that doesnt work we will just spend more money to see if something else will work better and if it doesnt work we will just do something else.I am not taking away the talants of these guys,but it just seems that the guy who is spending the most money is the guy who is going to win.We all know that John Tomlinson is on the top of his game as well as Joey Impressia,Mark Nemschoff and the list goes on & on,but lets face it if it comes down to set up and good driving as well as good throttling and everyone having the same power it would make for that much better racing and if you dont agree I dont know what else to say,except see you at the races.
You seem to have a very good approach to racing, we need to all work together to make this sport grow, and the more exciting the racing, the better. Imagine if all the finishes were like Marathon Last year. One of the best Supercat Races of all time.

Last edited by Reindl Powerboats; 02-18-2003 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:23 AM
Registered

I think in its purest form it is a great idea. One issue that I hope they address is that the engines do not have to come from any one particular builder. I think limiting components, compression, horse power etc. is doable if run properly. Just the same as with dirt track racing or any oval racing for that matter. Look at how NASCAR has leveled the playing field by everyone having very specific guidelines to follow in engine building etc. The same is done with most local dirt track stock car tracks. What I hope does not happen is that everyone has to buy their stuff from one company. That will hurt the recreational market as well as give the appearance of a major conflict of interest.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Registered

Shane,

The release said "single engine vendor" - I'm afraid you'll be buying a complete engine from ONE vendor.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:30 PM
MarinePerformance

There is actually a line in the 2003 rules saying they are looking at the single engine program for the 2004 season.

jc

Old 02-18-2003, 02:02 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nascar allows a single engine FORMULA...as do a lot of successful racing organizations. The requirement for a single engine PROVIDER is a whole different beast.........

I wonder what the cost to the designated manufacturer will be for this "honor", and if that cost will be passed on to the racers.......so they can "save" money of course.......

Oh wait! Are CRE's services free?

With all due respect...........this unilateral "business model" nonsense is getting old.

T2x
Old 02-18-2003, 02:20 PM
Registered

and what % is going back to the LLC?
Old 02-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default well ..............uh

Well we could go back to 1999 and watch Drambuie run by themselves. Now that was racing ! CRE made racers earn their titles with talent & set up, not who has the most money - just my .o2 - BH

Quick Reply: APBA single engine program for Super Cat??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.