Notices

PU choice help

Old 02-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PU choice help

I'm thinking about buying a gasser this time. I have been pulling with power stroke 4x4 excursion.

Has anyone pulled with chevy crew cab 2500 4 x 4 with the big block gas or the dodge quib cab 2500 4 x 4 with the hemi? If so how well does it pull?

Most of our pulling is local, too many stop light on the way to the lake to count. We don't do much highway but at least once a year we head to LOTO, we may go to Florida this year too. So I do want to be able to pull the boat without cussing non-stop when needed.

I'm guessing my boat and trailer is 8500#, it is a 29 outlaw.

I would appreciate any info on fuel milage without load too.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2003, 07:16 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to....... I have to........ I have to........ok it is hard but you can do it. I have to agree with catman. When I first got my tuck I was thinking that I made a mistake. There is NO WAY I did as the cost of gas being SO high I go about 1/3 farther on a tank of fuel the with a gasser.

Jon
Old 02-17-2003, 07:40 PM
Registered

Yea, I hear you but I'm not listening. I was expecting that issue to come up and I'm still dealing with that. For now I'm just trying to eliminate my biggest concern, how well they will pull.

Audiofn - I go about 1/3 farther on a tank of fuel the with a gasser.

That is because the damn fuel tank is bigger. JK

I haven't filled up my excursion is years. The pump shuts off at $50 when you pay at the pump.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ROFLMAO you got me there. I am getting 16-18mpg however and I can tell ya you will not be CLOSE to that with the gasser. We even got 13 mpg on the way back from LOTO towing Biggus's 38 top gun!!!! What would the gasser get? Not sure really but I would be suprised if it got 8.

Why are you going away from the Deisel? Noise or cost? I have towed with Gas before this my first Deisel truck, and Honestly other then the cost difference in fuel I see very little advantage. The gassers tow just fine.

Jon
Old 02-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Registered

not sure why I'm interested in going with gasser. I guess it would be more the noise than anything. I know on the weekends it is nice to take the wifes gasser. just kind of tired of the diesels but I love the power.

I had to give a 7 series bimer a run for his money the other morning on the way to work. I think he was a littler surprised. I wish I would have been a little more prepared. I would have switched the chip over to 100hp and gave him a shot of smoke too.