Notices

Boat Lifts, Opinions.

Old 02-18-2003, 07:26 PM
572Daytona

The Sunstream lift is a floating lift so it doesn't matter if it is low tide or high tide it is always going to give the same amount of lift. I live on a corp of engineers lake and both you dock and lift have to be free floating to allow them to raise and lower the lake level at will. I have a floating lift now but was curious about the sunstream as well since it appears that I would be able to put one on the side of the dock instead of just in a slip like my current lift. Does anyone know what the prices of them are? Here is my lift:

Picture of my lift removed for the protection of the non-members. They may actually get used to viewing images with their posts.

Last edited by 572Daytona; 02-19-2003 at 07:20 AM.

Old 02-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sunstream Pricing..

You'd really have to ask them for a specific quote.
I thought they were running a special on the Float Lift, 6000 lb, installed, etc for around 10K. I know their SUnLift, bottom lifts are less expensive.
Their lifts are self contained... powered by a battery that's charged via a solar panel.. Very simple, and less headaches.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 02-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 10,000# bottom-supported Sunstream lift. It is fantastic!! I was lucky to buy it from a guy that had won it and then didn't want it! I got a great deal. Once I received it, we modified the width of the bunks to fit the tunnel of my boat and it has worked flawlessly.

I would highly recommend their products. (I am not associated with the company in any way - just very satisfied.)

Good luck,

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Boat Lifts, Opinions.-cobra-lift-2.jpg  
Old 02-19-2003, 12:21 PM
Registered

Another view of my boat on the lift.

Last edited by jbrauer; 09-17-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Excellent viewpoints and references. Me personally, I live on tidal waters and the tide runs parallel to my bulkhead/docks. Floaters I think are out of the question this environment, not to mention potential for northeasters/hurricanes.

I'm pretty convinced looking around at the predominant lifts in my area and at my neighbors, that the four-post galvanized version is the only way to go. Around here the average costs for pilings, and lift installed are $5K give or take.

At one time I considered ordering the equipment for a 4K lb. lift kit from Overton's for $2700 and installing it my self after the pilings were placed. But, I don't think I could trust my work especially with the next larger boat I'll be getting...
Old 02-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T -
I just purchased (at the Chicago Boat Show)a Sunstream Sun Lift (6000# cap) for my 272 Boss Baja. Great boat show special. I looked at many brands. Sunstream is the Cadillac. This is their hydraulic cantilevered model. 30 seconds from full up to full down (in water) position. They are solar powered and appear to operate great. I'm having my installed soon after the ice is gone here in my marina in IL where I boat. No more algae covered hull and the potential for osmosis blistering.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:02 AM
Registered

572 Daytona - LMFAO at your avatar!!!

Rick - what about aluminum? It will last much longer in our environement and is stronger than the galvanized.