Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Bit@h is back! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43822-bit%40h-back.html)

Ron P 02-20-2003 09:00 PM

Loser pays all fees!!!!!!!! It would make people think twice about filing and it may make people pay who know they should.

The lawyer politians will never go for it. The law suits would be cut in half overnight.

georges 02-20-2003 09:13 PM

At the rate law schools are graduating these soon to be societal leaches, there will be more lawyers than people!
:eek: :hothead:

candyman35 02-20-2003 11:03 PM

Cord,
It's definitely time to get your own council. There are a lot of lawyers out there that hate these ambulance chasers. You need to find one to cover yourself.

My father was a railroad engineer. He had a guy sit down on the tracks in front of his oncoming Steam engine to get his legs run over. Many years later my father spotted the guy in a wheelchair. He told the man he had been the engineer of the train that ran him over and just wanted to know why he had done that. He told my dad it was the best way to get out of work. The railroad had paid him a huge out of court settlement and he would never have to work again. What an F'n idiot!!!

I hope everything works out for you guys. It's a shame there are people like this in the world who think the world owes them.

Dan

BattleCry 02-21-2003 12:03 AM

Just wait until one of you gets seriously injured. I understand the problems with people who get into accidents. I'm in a work-related injury case right now and have been in a couple of accidents. The system still sucks.

THRILLSEEKER 02-21-2003 12:17 AM

Cord, I am going through a very similar situation right now and belive me it fu@king sucks!

Allan is definately right get yourself a PI!

GLH 02-21-2003 07:14 AM

Sorry about your problems Cord.

This is a major problem here in the US we need tort reform and Bush talked about it in his state of the union address. Some people don't realize that it affects all of us with our premiums for BOATS, cars and any other thing you need insurance for. In our business workers comp insurance premiums have gone completely nuts, and our clients and ultimately all of us foot the freaking bill.

The other thing is whenever you hear a democrat talking about the healthcare problem here in America tell them healthcare is not the problem, off the wall lawsuits by ambulance chasing attorneys are (these guys make a living hitting 1 out of 20 lawsuits they file) limit awards and have the losers pay all legal fees.

Of course everyone knows that the biggest lobby in Washington is the Trial Lawyer’s Association of America and all their political contribution go to the Democrats, of course us republican have our biggest lobby being the NRA. We should have them square off.

Shakespeare had it right "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." (Henry VI, Pt. II, Act IV, Sc. 2) His proposal may be too drastic to be realistic, but he does make a point. The only thing that I ever thought the Communists had right was that when they seized power somewhere the first thing they did was getting rid of all lawyers.

I’m done now your Honor!!!

Again Cord don’t worry karma will get that beeeaaatch and her pitifully little weasely attorney.

Cord 02-21-2003 07:57 AM

Fred-yes, my insurance company is representing us. The problem is that at the time, we really didn't carry all that much liability. With the injuries that she is claiming and having not worked for 4 years, we are face with the possiblity of maxing our policy out. That possiblity is a tad bit worrysome.

I also think you hit it right on the with the "lottery" comment. Freeloaders should be thrown into the same pit as the lawyers that breed them.

MitchStellin 02-21-2003 09:49 AM

well it figures she is a two ton annie. These people are lazy by nature and it shows. She has been eating her way to not being able to work and now she has an excuse. I would also hire a PI and watch her. I bet if you dropped a 25lb Turkey in front of her she would bend over and pick it up. You see these people with two legs that can't even walk. I am sure she is suing someone else for her weight. Why not post her number so we can all give her a piece of our mind. I would love to harass her until she jumps off a bridge.

Steve H 02-21-2003 10:02 AM

{{{{{{{{I bet if you dropped a 25lb Turkey in front of her she would bend over and pick it up.}}}}}}}}

LOL

Allan4 02-21-2003 10:02 AM

Originally posted by Battle Cry
Just wait until one of you gets seriously injured. I understand the problems with people who get into accidents. I'm in a work-related injury case right now and have been in a couple of accidents. The system still sucks.
On a personal level, I am very familiar with your concerns. I can't agree more, however the point think alot of us are making is the bilching of the system is completely off the hook. I think that if someone is legitimately injured as a result of someone esle's neglegence, the injured should be compensated for any loss of wages, personal and medical expenses, personal injury sums, etc. However, with Cord, it sounds like the plantiff is taking advantage of a liberal system.

I am the plantiff in a very long and drawn out lawsuit as we speak. The expenses associated are completely flabergasting. The time it consumes would floor you. I feel for this woman IF she has a legitimate claim, but it cerrtainly sounds like a hoax.

Good way to find out is sick a good PI on her. I'm telling ya, you will find out the truth, I garautee it.