Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   got pulled over last night (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43864-got-pulled-over-last-night.html)

Cord 02-21-2003 12:15 PM

"Technically" it is 3500lbs. There is also a length limitation, but I don't recall what it is. I can tell you that the law isn't being enforced and that most cops can't tell the difference beween a 2,000lb trailer and a 10,000lb trailer. They would have to look at the lable, which hard to do from behind.

wwwTOPDJcom 02-21-2003 12:23 PM

I would of told him you can look in the boat only if you take
your ****kickers off ! I have no swim step so I have know Idea
how anyone could get in without scratching it.
I could see it now, steps on the drive bending the driveshower
or stands on the Hydralic cylinders for you guys with good steering. Oh ya I hope you didnt bring your dog with you
cause if he jumps out, he's dead
Ever had them draw gun and ask you to lie down in your
nice clothes, Id did just because a truck with the same color
took off from a gas station, ruin a new white shirt and they Don't have to pay for it, road tar dont come OFF, All I got was a sorry
thanks Mr police officer I love showing up for work late and dirty
not to mention $28 shirt ruin.
:mad: :mad:

SpectreBoy 02-21-2003 12:41 PM

Too Fancy

You guys are too fancy, if ya can afford a boat like that, you must be a dealer or transporting drugs............LOL.

I have no problem with them searching my stuff, it's the war on drugs remember?, Nobody wants to be put in that position, but thats the way they catch drug dealers who feed this stuff to our kids and you did say it was ok for him to do it, but he could have been a little cooler and took off his boots.

olysan 02-21-2003 12:42 PM

Good thing the previous owner didn't leave anything behind.

boot 02-21-2003 12:45 PM

Next time don't drive around with that towel on your head !!:D

Sorry , I had too !!:(

That sucks ......... But , if your stopped ,your screwed one way or the other . You give in and you end up pissed off , you don't give in and they piss you off more ! With this terorist stuff going on ,I don't mind them checking me out . But they could have SOME respect if you don't fit the terrorist profile !!:mad: So whats a little dope or stollen boat or your mother inlaw tied up in the trunk !?! As long as it's not bombs or poison gasses !:rolleyes:

You probably did the best you could do . Hope no damage was done .......

Gary864 02-21-2003 12:52 PM

Sorry for the trouble but with a bad a$$ ride Like you bought they must have wanted to see it. Glad to see all worked out with the dealer. I have never used a plate on the trailer when pulling my boat, just lucky I never got stopped. Good luck with the boat I might just have to hook up with you at the shoot-out. :eureka:

wwwTOPDJcom 02-21-2003 12:52 PM

Originally posted by olysan
Good thing the previous owner didn't leave anything behind.
Now that would really SUCK
they auction your boat and your truck
cause some one left you a gift

Steve_H 02-21-2003 12:56 PM

truth is you dont really have a choice so might as well say yes.

a few what ifs since i just bought the truck and boat.

what if the previuous owners liked the ilegal stuff.
a dog would have gotten a hit just from residue i would guess.
i would now be locked up , boat and truck impounded and torn apart.

dont get me wrong , i STILL woundnt want to live anywhere but the great USA. it just seamed unnessesary but i guess they had their reasons. maybe it was the "im nervous as hell after going thru that mess" comment i made. apperently if you say your nervous you must be a meth head or hiding something:(

jawbreakerkid 02-21-2003 01:05 PM

this is kind of ironic, but troutly, mrs. troutly, tbone and myself had an hour long discussion about this exact scenario over dinner last sunday night in south beach.

he brought up several good point, none of which i can really remember. all i remember is something about grey goose and 7. he'll be on the board later this afternoon to shed some light on this subject.

jbk

Gary Anderson 02-21-2003 01:23 PM

Welcome to my world:
I have not got a ticket in 20 years, never a DWI, and I drive like a grandma.
Incidents in the span of 3 months:
1) Monday morning 7:00 AM, Highway patrol, Pulled over for "dirty front liscence plate", car searched (consented), No ticket issued
2) Saturday night 10:30 PM, City cop, said I ran a red light (it was actually yellow), car searched (consented), No ticket issued
3) Wed morning 2:30 AM, City cop, Plate came back as coupe, not a convertible, car searched (consented), No ticket issued.
Go figure.
Gary