Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   got pulled over last night (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43864-got-pulled-over-last-night.html)

eMotiondriver 02-21-2003 08:33 PM

All I can say is be Glad you got stopped at least they (COPS) are looking for stolen boats or terrorists with bombs or drugs to kill..

KAAMA 02-22-2003 08:00 AM

We DO need the police, but the part I don't like is the police seem to always be looking to give you a ticket for whether they find something or NOT in their search. It's almost as if they have to make their traffic stop legidimate by handing you a ticket.

By the way, I am certainly not saying that we don't need the police---but our freedoms keep getting encroached upon more and more because of "security"---it's kind of like we are between a rock and a hardspot. We are quickly headed for a "one world" system that WILL turn into a type of police state---kind of like Martial Law if you will. And it will all be under the guise of PEACE, SECURITY and PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION. Soon, a one world system number on the right hand or forehead will be required by EACH and EVERY person in order to buy, sell or trade. That is the way the world is going. At first it will look like a wonderful idea and it will solve many problems, but it will come to have extremely severe consequences. I know that may sound far fetched to most of you, but it's all in the Bible---in the book of Revelations of things to come. God's peace to you all. :)

packinair 02-22-2003 10:17 AM

Originally posted by Padraig
Maybe it is just me.....but I would never give anyone permission to search anything.
then they just hold you there untill they get a warn or rodny king your ass:rolleyes:

X-Rated30 02-22-2003 10:54 AM

Originally posted by Troutly
You have got to be kidding me.....even in this thread :rolleyes:
I kind of see what he is saying, but maybe not to that extent. You must admit our "right to be left alone" is being chipped away at more and more. :( With all of the new security measures after 9/11 and the corresponding legislation, I don't see it as getting any better. (Sorta makes me think the terrorists are winning in a way, by taking away our freedoms and rights.)

By the way, your explanation of your traffic stop procedures is excellent. That is interesting that ya'll can't use a dog without reasonable suspicion. Most states allow it if the infringement on the motorist's liberty is minimal (i.e. - by the time you finish writing the ticket, the dog arrives.) :cool:

NASTY HABIT 02-22-2003 11:07 AM

I got searched yesterday .......trying to park at the airport...wasn't asked " may I search " was told to pull over there unlock all doors (Excursion) and step out ...he briefly looked around...asked what was in battery drill box in the back....I said " a drill" he moved on....didn't comment on the 9mm if he even saw it..(have CWP) or the other bags in the truck which there were several bags ...like the wifes lifeline jacket in a big black lifeline bag in the 3rd seat...oh well....nice to know they are trying to do something I guess....but seemed kinda pointless to me....I mean ...if one really wanted to do WHATEVER ...won't they kinda do it regardless .....I dunno...wonder how the War on drugs is going...??? futile..

tunnelvision 02-22-2003 03:59 PM

SO WHO GETS SUED WHEN "OFFICER COURIOSITY" FALLS OFF THE FROZEN BOAT, 7'-8' TO THE GROUND AFTER YOU GAVE HIM PERMISSION TO INSPECT IT? YOUR BOAT , YOU TOLD HIM HE COULD CLIMB AROUND IT.

NASTY HABIT 02-22-2003 05:03 PM

Ironic indeed.....I see no anwser, no solution...funny thign was ...yesterday when I knew I was going to hte airport I knew I would be searched...and I was...I didn't mind...except for the fact that I knew it would happen..I have nothign to hide..but I can assure you if indeed I did have something to hide...it would not be found w/ such measures as those...but what do they do ...this is a free country, and I will be the first to stand up when rights are violated no matter what the recourse...but , without giving up rights things will surely happen ...bad things...

TulsaLarry 02-22-2003 05:45 PM

"Where there are too many policemen, there is no liberty.
Where there are too many soldiers, there is no peace.
Where there are too many lawyers, there is no justice."
- Lin Yutang, Chinese-American Philosopher.

"The better the society, the less law there will be. In heaven
there will be no law... In hell there will be nothing but law,
and due process will be meticulously observed."
- Grant Gilmore, Age of American Law.

CAP071 02-22-2003 08:57 PM

Thats Ok last year I get pulled over by a State Fish n game cop on my boat here in Philadelphia says I wanna do a safety check. I say Ok. So he does 1. than after he says I smell beer on ya I say yes you do but that doesn't make me drunk. well to shorten this long story I had a BAC of 0.03 I think 0.10 is drunk THIS FRIGGIN cop would not drop the charges so after 4 court dates and $1,500 in lawyer fees they got thrown out of court after the court he says OH sorry i was just doing my job

Ya ya Ya water nazi :hothead: