Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Highest Quality Cat Builder? >

Highest Quality Cat Builder?

Notices
View Poll Results: WHO BUILDS THE HIGHEST QUALITY CAT?
SKATER
44.84%
MTI
16.71%
MOTION
0.61%
SPECTRE
4.18%
AMERICAN OFFSHORE
1.35%
AWESOME CAT
0.49%
COUGAR
1.11%
EXPRESS CAT
0.86%
HTM
0.37%
JAGUAR
1.11%
NORTECH
13.88%
DCB
5.04%
ELIMINATOR
5.77%
PLATINUM
2.46%
AMT
1.23%
Voters: 814. You may not vote on this poll

Highest Quality Cat Builder?

Old 06-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Highest Quality Cat Builder?

Originally Posted by JASSMAN
Bling Bling, your boat looks awesome, one of my favorite 36 Nortech cats. The subtley of the silver stripes is what makes it look different. Now that you've owned for a few months, what speeds have you attained over 160 with your power, Thanks Jeff
JASSMAN< thanks for the complement, very happy with my Nor-tech. I have only had it up to 150 on lake Havasu, the lake has been very busy this year. I have not had an area to let her go, but pretty sure it will run around 165 mph. That day we ran 160 we had 5 people and the tanks were still near a half, and where we ran it in the bay we ran out of room and came up on a bridge faster then we expected. I asked Trond later after all the high fives, and he said just him and I possibly 170. I heard the cyclone ran over 170, do you know anything about that? Thinking about the Florida power boat poker run in the keys in november, is it worth the haul, and will you be there? My boat out west is getting alot of attention, hopefully for Nor-tech I can get a few more out here. Thanks Bling
P.S. Salesmanship, If I spelled anything wrong get over it, your still the best in the business.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:22 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JASSMAN
Steve, I have some of Xcess Wetness while it was being built,
I hope that's not referring to the lay-up...

Just kidding.......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Bling, We will be there for the Key West run, looking forward to a nice vacation. I believe Cyclone as well as the TMP guys will also be there. Right now with the weather being warmer and the water temp up 20 degrees its the wrong time of year to run optimum speeds. Look forward to meeting you and the rest of the Nortech crews, take care, Jeff
Old 06-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by vtec
$$$$$ Tencara catamaran (Jolly Motors, now Callan Marine)$$$$$

Designed by Michael Peters

vtec

I'll second that for Callan Marine's cat.

http://www.callanmarine.com/
Old 07-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap that boat is awesome
Old 07-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Michael Peters has some great designs
Old 07-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Registered

Spectre all the way !!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Gearcase
Platinum Member

buy a skater buy a mti put them on the hoist your done! DO YOU FEEL LUCKY!!!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Banned

jazz, after seeing the best of everyones boats at the loto shootout. I think the nortech is far advanced in styling , cockpit looksn and ride, we were running 90mph thru a 65 boat field starting at the back and drove right thru 4 footers at that speed and ir rode great. The employees of nortech are very cool, and go out of their way to take care of there customers. we got 162mph right out of the box with the new 36. have wrong props, were hitting rev limiters. Ron and Trond, and Terry will get it dialed in this week. looking for 167+ on pump gas. Rons motors are very strong. and mild boost.The motors are close to 1200hp and if that is not fast enough they could be turned up another 100hp each, but where can you run 175mph anyway. we outran everything at the shootout except a 36 skater that was turned up and were still within 3 mph.,and every other boat there close in speed was 200k more money. we had more people looking at the nortech than other manufacturers.jeff will send you the new ad with your 43 on it. well get it sold. also the 36 nortech is much larger and better riding in rough water than any of the other cats.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
jazz, after seeing the best of everyones boats at the loto shootout. I think the nortech is far advanced in styling , cockpit looksn and ride, we were running 90mph thru a 65 boat field starting at the back and drove right thru 4 footers at that speed and ir rode great. The employees of nortech are very cool, and go out of their way to take care of there customers. we got 162mph right out of the box with the new 36. have wrong props, were hitting rev limiters. Ron and Trond, and Terry will get it dialed in this week. looking for 167+ on pump gas. Rons motors are very strong. and mild boost.The motors are close to 1200hp and if that is not fast enough they could be turned up another 100hp each, but where can you run 175mph anyway. we outran everything at the shootout except a 36 skater that was turned up and were still within 3 mph.,and every other boat there close in speed was 200k more money. we had more people looking at the nortech than other manufacturers.jeff will send you the new ad with your 43 on it. well get it sold. also the 36 nortech is much larger and better riding in rough water than any of the other cats.
Jim, I couldn't agree with you more. TMP's Cyclone is one hell of a boat, it amazes me every day, so with that said power from Ron, you will hit your 167, and then some, I know that for a fact. To me Nortech is hands down, the leader on the styling end, and their quality is phenominal. I'm very pleased with my Nortech, and will be ordering another.

I knew your were busy with LOTO and all, and didn't want to bother you, I'll be looking for the new ad, and apprieciate your help, Thanks and have a good holiday. We were with Slingshot and Racer-X yesterday, they took a bunch of shots and video which I'm sure Rob will put on the board once he gets back to Jackson, it was a nice weekend. Jeff

Quick Reply: Highest Quality Cat Builder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.