If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New York, NY - Manhattan BABY!
    There was something about this on CNN. The IRS has won several court cases against people using these tactics. The latest woman to promote these theories in a big way was recently sent to prison for 10 years.

As much as I despise paying rediculiously high taxes...I think I'll sit this one out

Platinum Member Platinum Member GLH's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Burlington, VT
    Originally posted by Playn
    As much as I despise paying rediculiously high taxes...I think I'll sit this one out
    Try living in Canada, I had to move I couldn't afford free healthcare anymore!
    Can you believe some people don't understand that statement!
    The best system in the world is here, it's not perfect but it's way ahead of anywhere else.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Originally posted by Peconic
    Good story, Audio. Only problem is the IRS doesn't search premises. They do an audit. They don't need a reason for an audit.
    Don't know what to tell ya bro but I was there when it happened. I know his name but I have no interest in tossing it around on hear. He still does not pay income taxes and swears he never will. They did come nocking on his door. I can line up about 5 or 6 of us that were all there drooling because we had all said that they would come and get him and we had all said the same thing that we all are still saying now, that being that "it can't be"

Anyhow The deal is that you can not just stop paying taxes. There is a whole list of things that you have to do, the scariest of them being you give up your social security number. That would not scare me from the stand point of thinking that I am going to loose my social security, but it does scare me from the stand point of loans. However this guy next to me got a loan for all the machines in his shop. If you stop paying your taxes while you have your social they have you by the balls. However if you get rid of your social there is NOTHING that they can do. I have actually read all the laws and researched it quite a bit. This is not a scam, it is just something that I am not interested in doing. There are many court cases were companies have beat the IRS with this.

Put your best foot forward!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12