If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think the fight was fixed?

61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fixed

49 80.33%
  • Not Fixed

12 19.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixed fight!

Platinum Member Platinum Member Jassman's Avatar
    Being a ex-boxer , and having my bell rung a few times it is normal to pull your mouth piece out at that given moment. He was knocked slightly unconcience on the way down, via the foot/leg bent and when Rhino hit the canvas he was back into it but not enough to get up. It was a hard right, as well as a devastating blow. Even if Rhino would have got up it would have been over. I don't care for Mike Tyson and still feel he is emotionally disturbed individule. The stupid ass interview after the fight proves that. From a promotional and business point of view he does draw a big crowd, and many poeple still feel he is the Tyson of old, when Cus was still living. He cannot fight tall fighters, even middle ranked do to a 4 point stance, short reach, no game plan, not enough bobing and weaving. To have power is not enough. I enjoy boxing, thank god it is not quite like wrestling, but I see where every one might think that after last knights fight. I predict Lenox Lewis to knock Tyson out before the 5th round, Just my .02, Jeff Building composite fishing and pleasure catamarans.

Charter Member #1055/Moderator Charter Member GO4BROKE's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sonic 386
    I  Voted
    Picking easily beatable oponents IS fixing the fight.
    If I challenge a 17' bayliner to race in 6' seas, even if I lose an engine I have no doubt I would win. Makes placing bets a sure thing. Cheating is cheating.

My EX got the Sleekcraft Platinum Member gdfatha's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sadly, no longer have: Sleekcraft 24'
    Apopka, Florida
    and my favorite gentile lady also lost a boxing match last nite and this one has one of the cutest faces goin..Who you ask??

Ms Tonya Harding of a "split" decision. No pun intended!!
    marc (Offshore Paparazzo)

Senior Blue Hair~ I'm so old.. I remember
    "Preparation A"...

Platinum Member Platinum Member Steve 1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Slippery when wet!
    Beautiful Fort Lauderdale
    I believe the fight and KO was real. if they were going to fake it they would of waited at least until Round 2 or 3.
    Slippery when wet. "POD" Free Tunnel through Common Sense Engineering

GO4BROKE is right! As far as I am concerned it was a "bogus" fight. Maybe not "fixed" but a total BS waste of time. I did not watch it and I will not watch Mike Tyson fight any longer. The guy is a total POS and should be banned from professional sports of any kind.

And he can take Don King with him!

Want to watch a real fight watch Roy Jones Jr next weekend. That guy ius amazing. He has become much more catious recently just going for wins instead of KO's but he is still a blast to watch. That is real talent. You will get your money's worth there!

Now that I am riled up. My opinion is the heavyweight division of boxing has WAY too much money and corruption. Ban Don King from boxing and start making the matches a more "winner take all" payday.

Winner earns $10 million, loser wins $100,000. End of story.

25 Eagle
    Who Cares... should have been one of the questions. Tyson is a animal and his fights should take place in a zoo.

My Boats:
    1999 388 Hustler
    Louisville, KY
    Sorry, but I think anything associated with Mike Tyson is a joke and it amazes me that people will piss away their hard-earned money on him. I wouldn't watch him fight in my backyard for free...

I agree with Blackhawk. But, I say the loser gets $10,000. Lose 5 fights a year and still make more than the averge person...

Sorry guys, but I would get in ring for $1,000,000 in a heartbeat....

Well, if all you have to do is take one punch and then pull your mouthpiece out and lay there then i'd do it for $10,000.

Hell, I guarantee my skinny ass would have put on a better show! I could have at least out ran him in the ring until I got tired. That's at least 60 seconds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12