Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Human Shields (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43959-ot-human-shields.html)

J-BOAT 02-23-2003 08:12 AM

OT: Human Shields

I find it hard to believe that good patriotic american's can put our troop's in more danger by inserting them selves in Irac and acting as human sheilds.
I would hope that the armed forces take no risk's to extract these "people" before bombing starts.
What do these" people" hope to gain?
Jane Fonda might be proud, but I think when Saddam unleashes the"rain of terrior" these clown's will be wishing they had the AMERICAN FLAG TO SNUGGLE UP TO!!!!!

Laveyman 02-23-2003 08:40 AM

If they are stupid enough to put themselves in Iraq, knowing full well we are likely gonna bomb the crap outta the country, they're on their own. I would like to think our military won't give them a second thought or do anything different because they are there.

f you ask me, it's a great example of Darwin's Survival of the Fittest. Weed out the dumb ones!

GO4BROKE 02-23-2003 09:27 AM

Bomb 'em. They're not American anymore.

Strip Poker 388 02-23-2003 10:05 AM

Crystlize them.

Steve 1 02-23-2003 10:10 AM

Send the Clintons over there also.They seem to be in line with the french and german Cowards.

Sorry I ment Human sandbags.

fobes 02-23-2003 05:13 PM

Just saw a piece on t.v. about the human shields and all I have to say is that I'm disgusted with these people. They claim to be going in an effort to help the iraqi people, the very same people who when asked say that they are happy about the events of 911. The only person they will help will be that piece of s%*t hussein when he positions his piece of s%*t population behind them as leverage against us. Its time, don't blink, we need to rid the world of iraq and then move on to n. korea, these people who threaten the fundamentals of our great nation. I don't feel one ounce of pity for the people of iraq, enough attempts at diplomacy, enough scouring the countryside for proof, its time to move on these f%*ckn' wastes of skin and secure democracy. If the human shields want a front row seat, so be it, don't forget to duck!

florida gator 02-23-2003 05:26 PM

It's one thing to not agree 100% with what your country is doing (I did during the Clinton era), but to interfere with the overall security is criminal. These people have the attitude of "let the terrorism end with the 9/11 attack, let it be a lesson learned". What they don't realise is that if we don't nut up, the door will be open for other attacks on us.

This is no different than if you send your kid to school and tell them never to fight under any circumstances. Once the other kids learn that they can push you around and you will absolutely not defend yourself you become an easy and popular target for ridicule. If in fact you fight back, you are not as likely to be the target. Even if another kid knows they can beat you they don'tmormally want to risk injury anyway.

Steve 1 02-23-2003 07:12 PM

What I cannot comprehend is why these scumbag traitors are not stripped of their American citizenship if you read page four of an American Passport it is spelled out plainly!

mcollinstn 02-23-2003 07:57 PM

I can truly think of NO better place for them to be than lined up around an Iraqi SAM site or sitting on the "hood" of an Iraqi tank.

Good
Riddance.

Playn 02-23-2003 09:20 PM

I wonder how many of them are actually there legally??

IRAQ - *Passport and visa required. Proof of an AIDS test required. The United States suspended diplomatic and consular operations in Iraq in 1990. Since February 1991, U.S. passports are not valid for travel in, to, or through Iraq without authorization from the Department of State. Application for exemptions to this restriction should be submitted in writing to Passport Services, Attn: CA/PPT/PAS, U.S. Department of State, 1111 19th St., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20524. Attention: U.S. citizens need a Treasury Dept. license in order to engage in any transactions related to travel to and within Iraq. Before planning any travel to Iraq, U.S. citizens should contact the Licensing Division, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Department of the Treasury, 1331 G St., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20220 (202/622-2480) or http://www.ustreas.gov/ofac/. For more visa information, contact the Iraqi Interests Section, 1801 P Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036 (202-483-7500).