Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What type of stereo system do you have in your boat?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44088-what-type-stereo-system-do-you-have-your-boat.html)

Vyper340 02-25-2003 12:16 PM

1:Sony CDX-MP70 AM/FM/CD/MP3
2:2 Kicker amps (one 4 channel and one 2 channel)
3:2 Kicker 10" free air subs X-over at 84Hz
4:Sony (junk) PQ upgraded cabin speakers
5:Sony 6 disc CD changer
6:2 Sony display remotes

BAJA WILL 02-25-2003 04:06 PM

LivingLoud,

You need to post some pics of your stereo:eek:

thisistank 02-25-2003 04:11 PM

Hey Livin Loud....How the hell do you keep your batteries charged. I find I kill alternators AND batteries running what little I'm running. How are you running the batteries??

OBNOXUS21 02-25-2003 04:54 PM

Sheesh.......and I thought watching the bear cans hop around on the deck was loud and very amusing, but DAMN!
That's some cool stuff :)

4-MTX 10s
2-6X9 with 2 more to go
2-6 1/2's with two more to go

LIVING LOUD 02-25-2003 05:03 PM

thisistank,

The 4 extra batteries are isolated when the boat is not running and I also have a generator. The 50 farad capacitor helps the batteries.

27 Fountain,

The stereo system was finish the night before I left for the Key West Pokerrun - and then I left it at Sonic and it is still there. I just spoke with Stu and have plans to join the Spring Break run to Key west. I have not made any pictures of the system. I will post some pictures when I return. The installer has about 400 hours in the installation.

MAKDADDY 02-25-2003 05:13 PM

Originally posted by thisistank
Hey Livin Loud....How the hell do you keep your batteries charged. I find I kill alternators AND batteries running what little I'm running. How are you running the batteries??
thisistank,
You definatly need to look at your grounding.
most guys build a killer system but dont pay that much attention to the Ground.
It needs to be as heavy as the power leads.
remember OHM's Law.

Greg

eMotiondriver 02-25-2003 05:18 PM

Twin outboards, I let the friends leave hours before and meet then on there Magnum or Trojan my boat is considered the jet ski...

Waterfoul 02-25-2003 06:19 PM

While not huge, it does well for me (well being a relative term....as money presents itself, I add to it!!).

Kenwood head unit with remote.
JBL 4 channel amp (300 watts) running 2 6" round and 2 6"x9" Pioneer (hey, they were almost free!!) speakers.
Fosgate Punch 200 for the
2 10" JL Audio subs.

Still tweaking it though....need more power. Going to add some subs I have laying around to the cabin. Use it as a sub box. Wanna see them beer cans bounce!!!

GO4BROKE 02-25-2003 06:20 PM

Moderately loud:Sony cd w/remote(the one with the motorized face plate), 600watt 4 channel amp, 4 6x9 tri-axial poly planars, 2 10" Blaupunkt subs, 2 6" sony co-axials. 2 more 6" to be added soon.

Indy 02-25-2003 09:08 PM

I guess I'm the minority here, I don't care to listen to any music when I'm out. I love boating because it's an escape from everything on land; phones, work, compter, chores, etc. I might tune in the occasional Yankee game though. Mostly it's nice just to listen to the sounds of the water when the engine isn't going.