Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hydratech Cat Restoration (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44134-hydratech-cat-restoration.html)

VelocityMike 02-25-2003 12:59 PM

Hydratech Cat Restoration

1 Attachment(s)
I found this Hydratech on another message board with the owner in the process of restoring it. The guy is going all out on it and looks like its going to be a fun boat. Does anyone know anything about these boats? According to the owner there not many built.

Here is a link to all the pictures

Hydratech Cat

VelocityMike 02-25-2003 02:11 PM

That website was kind of weak. But it does look like they build some nice boats!

BODYSHOT1 02-25-2003 02:41 PM

I believe I've seen this one at a marina in Brick, NJ....

**catmando...the "Bull on the Beach" is R & R racing which they mention on the site...Big Air Boat....those guys always went for it!!

:D

Hauling Trash 02-25-2003 03:20 PM

What web site is that from ????

Stormrider 02-25-2003 03:53 PM

I went down to the plant for a ride on a 38ft set up as a fishing boat w/ twin diesels / outdrives. Very interesting boat.
Small shop, but it is the same guy that used to build and race the earlier boats.

THRILLER 02-25-2003 04:33 PM

Hydratech

Mike , there is a member on the board that may be able to help his user name is mmwalters . He owned one of these sleds with triple 300 Jonrudes. Don't hold it against him though, he has stepped up to the plate and he now owns the second fastest 30 motion on the bay!

VelocityMike 02-25-2003 04:57 PM

Thriller does that motion have canopies??? If so I have seen that boat and looked it. It was up for sale pretty cheap for the boat i thought.

The website for that boat was screamandfly.com check it out pretty good website.

THRILLER 02-25-2003 05:19 PM

Yes Mike it does have canopies, I think the boat was for sale, that is if Mr. Walters got his number for it . The boat I believe is a 94 kevlar hull with all foam structure and it has 00 300 Mercs.

1HYPER1 02-25-2003 08:47 PM

The boat pictured,red Hydratech cat/PIG RIG is Mike Walters old boat,it is currently being restored in a shop that he rents next to my shop,he is going all out on the restoration of that boat.New paint and graphics,interior, trailor,fresh power etc.
As far as mike having the 2nd fastest Motion on the bay is still unknown because he is still playing around with propellers and dialing in the boat,I think you might be surprised this year.

mmwalters 02-25-2003 10:07 PM

Velocity mike Yes you were at my house to see the motion. That hydratech is a hull I had built in 1988 I did all the rigging and built the trailer. with 2motors and 1/2 fuel it weighted 6400# The builders name is jack Domic, he has a shop in toms river. He build a great boat and is one of the best guys you will meet in this business. It is now owned by a friend of mine
As far as the second fastest motion on the bay well...... that boy in baltimore is afraid to come out into the bay. I think he does not want to lose sight of the dock. Worryed about the chessie monster.:frog: