Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  Need good website to sell trailers >

OT: Need good website to sell trailers

Notices

OT: Need good website to sell trailers

Old 02-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Allan4

Default OT: Need good website to sell trailers

I have two 5th wheel enclosed trailers I need to sell. One is a 40ft Supreme, the other a 45ft Wells Cargo. Not having much luck in the local paper. Anyone know of a good site to list these on nationally, or atleast regionally? Free would be nice, but willing to pay. I also have a 95 Ford F-800 24ft box truck.

Thanks, Allan.

Old 02-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

tried Ebay?

how much for the truck?
Old 02-25-2003, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Haulers?

If these trailers are for race cars, try an add in the back of National Dragster magazine. Or Autotrader.com might have a trailer section.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

As mentioned before, stick them all on eBay. Even if they don't sell via the auction, you get nationwide advertising for $40 bucks; and many items as such sell from attention gathered in the auction.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Allan4

Never thought about e-bay, infact, never used e-bay either. I'll check that out.

Mr OS, that Wells Cargo trailer has less than 500 miles. We sued them because they made the trialer to skinny. We needed 102", they made it 98" (I think, or 96). Anyway, we cannot haul our boxes 3 wide in a trailer that is not 102", effectively cutting our hualing capacity by 1/3. The invoice to purchase said 102", but they would not fix the situation, so we sued them and easily won. It was crazy. Our attorney said they were the biggest bunch of pricks he had ever dealt with, and he has been practicing law for 30 years!!

As part of the settlement, we kept the trailer and are going to sell it. It is a very, very nice trialer, but we will never do business with those clowns again.

Thanks guys for the ideas, anyone else??

mcollinstn, 95 F800, Cummins Diesel, new rebuilt auto tranny, 25,999 GVW, no CDL required, 175k miles, white, $12,000obo.

Actully, that F800 would make a great race boat truck. Plenty of room, could add a place to sleep if needed, and it'll pull anything.

Old 02-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a PIC?
Old 02-26-2003, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The Problem with those 25999 GVW trucks is...As soon as you hook a trailer to them you are over. & need a CDL.
They are realy starting to crack downn on this now.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:17 PM
Allan4

Ooops. Good point, I forgot about that. Takes the GVWR over 26K.......you'd think I would have picked up on that....I have a CDL myself!! Would make a good tool truck then, or be good for a CDL guy who needs to tow. It has a 24ft box, so there is tons of room.

I do not have any pics, you can go look it over at our office in Fairfield if you like Mr Ren-del.

Old 02-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like everyone else I was going to suggest Ebay. Have you thought about www.traderonline.com ?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by Playn
Like everyone else I was going to suggest Ebay. Have you thought about www.traderonline.com ?
Just checked it out, may go with that site. E-bay sounds good though. Thanks

Quick Reply: OT: Need good website to sell trailers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.