If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: Need good website to sell trailers

I have two 5th wheel enclosed trailers I need to sell. One is a 40ft Supreme, the other a 45ft Wells Cargo. Not having much luck in the local paper. Anyone know of a good site to list these on nationally, or atleast regionally? Free would be nice, but willing to pay. I also have a 95 Ford F-800 24ft box truck.

Thanks, Allan.

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    tried Ebay?

how much for the truck?
    I see London, I see France...

My Boats:
    94 Formula 303SR1
    Pennington, NJ/Delaware river/Upper Chesapeake bay

Car Haulers?

If these trailers are for race cars, try an add in the back of National Dragster magazine. Or might have a trailer section.

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    As mentioned before, stick them all on eBay. Even if they don't sell via the auction, you get nationwide advertising for $40 bucks; and many items as such sell from attention gathered in the auction.

Never thought about e-bay, infact, never used e-bay either. I'll check that out.

Mr OS, that Wells Cargo trailer has less than 500 miles. We sued them because they made the trialer to skinny. We needed 102", they made it 98" (I think, or 96). Anyway, we cannot haul our boxes 3 wide in a trailer that is not 102", effectively cutting our hualing capacity by 1/3. The invoice to purchase said 102", but they would not fix the situation, so we sued them and easily won. It was crazy. Our attorney said they were the biggest bunch of pricks he had ever dealt with, and he has been practicing law for 30 years!!

As part of the settlement, we kept the trailer and are going to sell it. It is a very, very nice trialer, but we will never do business with those clowns again.

Thanks guys for the ideas, anyone else??

mcollinstn, 95 F800, Cummins Diesel, new rebuilt auto tranny, 25,999 GVW, no CDL required, 175k miles, white, $12,000obo.

Actully, that F800 would make a great race boat truck. Plenty of room, could add a place to sleep if needed, and it'll pull anything.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Reindl Powerboats's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Reindl 28 Vamp, Reindl One Design
    Have a PIC?
    Chris Reindl

My Boats:
    Top Gun
    Batavia Oh.
    The Problem with those 25999 GVW trucks is...As soon as you hook a trailer to them you are over. & need a CDL.
    They are realy starting to crack downn on this now.

Ooops. Good point, I forgot about that. Takes the GVWR over'd think I would have picked up on that....I have a CDL myself!! Would make a good tool truck then, or be good for a CDL guy who needs to tow. It has a 24ft box, so there is tons of room.

I do not have any pics, you can go look it over at our office in Fairfield if you like Mr Ren-del.

Like everyone else I was going to suggest Ebay. Have you thought about ?

Originally posted by Playn
    Like everyone else I was going to suggest Ebay. Have you thought about ?
    Just checked it out, may go with that site. E-bay sounds good though. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast