Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How do you justify the gas? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/4419-how-do-you-justify-gas.html)

Gordo 05-02-2001 11:03 AM

Shorgasm,
I keep tryin to tell ya, they're just pullin yer chain!
Fact is, ANY boat that runs across the water, puts a little breeze in your hair, and gets you to the party cove is a good boat. Hell, My dad had a 1982 1950 Capri w/ Volvo 4 cyl. I can honestly say without exaggeration that I have well over 100hrs behind that boat, either on a ski or a tube. Mostly Table Rock, but some on Stockton and Pomme De Terr. Last year I sold it to a friend. Still runs great, and yes, he is still my friend.

As for your question;
How do you justify the Gas?
Myself, I think about my job and all the stuff I see and deal with. Things I hope and pray no one else will ever have to see or deal with.
My boat and time on the water is my getaway from that life. My stress reliever. My counseling. My attitude adjustment time.
I don't do drugs, and don't need beer for a good time, (ok, sometimes it helps) ;)
It may hurt at the pump, but once I get on the water, It's all worth it.
Forget the fire and medical calls. I'm on the water. Life is good again. :)

Waterfoul 05-02-2001 11:06 AM

Dredgeking, can you send one of your cards up here for me to use? I promise to visit the gas station only once. Boat in tow, all my gas cans (8 of them counting the dual tanks I have for the Glastron), the lawn mower, the weed whacker, and the snow blower (why not!) in the back of the truck. And I'll put some old tires on the bumper and push the Honda down to the station since it needs a new belt at the moment and can't be driven that far.

What do you say?? On trip?? Please??

Did the math, that would be about 199.5 gallons if everything was empty.

Shorgasm 05-02-2001 11:28 AM

Nice try mikee

Dredgeking 05-02-2001 12:33 PM

Waterfoul, did you want to buy premium or regular? What are the prices up there? $1.50 reg 1.70 prem down here.

Neverfastenuf 05-02-2001 01:14 PM

Justify the price of gas? If a person can justify spending thousands & thousands of dollars on a boat,(intials\bring out another thousand), it shouldnt be very difficult to justify fuel expenditures.(Even though the prices are absolutely ridiculous) And like posted earlier, you pay to play, and then the pain goes away!! :D :D

Dredgeking 05-02-2001 01:17 PM

It's easy to get financing on a big fast boat. It's hard to pay for the gas :(

Shorgasm 05-02-2001 01:24 PM

Hey KC I have an 99 r-1 yamaha. It is still for street and not for drag but still throws 155 hp to the tire on pump gas.I am falling out of the bike thing getting funny little feeling in my head. Gotten away with it for a long time. I think it is about time to cut my streak off. Have some awesome wheelie vids stoppies doughnuts **** like that. Three miles on the back tire at midnight on two-lane. Bike next to me taped it.About 6 feet away. :eek:

Waterfoul 05-02-2001 02:46 PM

Dredge king, 87 in the trucks and lawn wquipment, 89 in the boat (100 gals). Today, 87 is at $1.79 and premium is $1.99. That's at the cheaper stations. I've seen premium for up to $2.19 this week.

So, how about that card?????? Need my mailing address???? :rolleyes:

Mike

Dredgeking 05-02-2001 02:53 PM

Waterfoul, I dread going up to MI this summer with those high prices. I hated it last year. What do you have to trade for the card? I'm single now so sisters and sister inlaws may be negotiable into the deal :p

Waterfoul 05-02-2001 02:57 PM

My sister is married with children. You don't stand a chance with her. Sorry. But I know lot's of single women!!

And a good friend ownes several bars. Drinks are big, strong, and cheap!!!

Mike