Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hawks Cay Resort - Feedback Requested (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44299-hawks-cay-resort-feedback-requested.html)

Wild Horses 02-27-2003 10:55 AM

Hawks Cay Resort - Feedback Requested

We are in the Keys in March and were considering staying at Hawk’s Cay Resort for a day or two. Can someone offer some feedback on the accommodations and activities the resort offers?

The dockage is a little pricey, $3.50 per foot, then on top of that to stay in a room!!! Do they offer boaters discount packages if you take a room and arrive by boat?

I wanted so input before I contact them.

Thanks.
Trevor

C_Spray 02-27-2003 11:53 AM

N-I-C-E place!

I stopped by for lunch one day a year or so ago and was very impressed with the place, the service and the food. They have lots of different levels of accomodations, from basic rooms all the way up to suites condos, and villas. Unfortunately, you are stopping by in the middle of peak season, so the rates are a little stiff. I'd say that you will get what you pay for - very nice place. Formula has done a few of their Owners Rendezvous events there, so that should tell you something.

I'm trying to get a group together for an informal "roundup" there next fall (October 2004) if anyone else is interested.....

Ike 02-27-2003 12:06 PM

Very nice, we stayed there on the way back from key west a couple of years ago and was very impressed, expensive but worth it.

Tonto 02-27-2003 12:10 PM

We were just there on Sat. for a cocktail stop. Great place! Get in touch with Rice Hauler, he seams to know the inside track at that place.
Robert

BODYSHOT1 02-27-2003 12:13 PM

Ron P has also recently stayed there and liked it very much....I've been through the place..it's beautiful....

:cool:

DJD 02-27-2003 12:59 PM

I've been there on my Cigarette with the Fl Powerboat Club on several occasions.
Very nice place!
They have a couple of restaurants & cocktail places on site & the lagoon is great to relax by & have a cold frozen drink.
The hotel rooms are not bad & the marina condos are new and very nice. I hear the hotel rooms were redone recently.

fandango 02-27-2003 01:22 PM

As all said, a very nice place with accomodations for all. It will be pricey that time of year. We took the Cigarette there this New Years and I believe gas was $3.63 (might be more now with oil prices). You might want to think of day trips from there through the upper Abacos. Beautiful sights and good places for all types of water activities.

cbdragon 02-27-2003 02:30 PM

It's very nice but if your going in a boat Little Palm Hut. It's on the south side of the 7 mile bridge. If your going by car you need to take the ferry boat. No car only beach, food, rooms, boats and drinks. Craig

AppSysCons 02-27-2003 04:06 PM

We spent the weekend there this past Jan in a villa. It was great! The place was empty. The service was excellent. The dolphins were friendly. We would go back again and again.

There are some pictures of my stay at www.dkorinc.homestead.com
click in "general piscture gallery"

Frank F.