If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wild Horses

Question Hawks Cay Resort - Feedback Requested

We are in the Keys in March and were considering staying at Hawk’s Cay Resort for a day or two. Can someone offer some feedback on the accommodations and activities the resort offers?

The dockage is a little pricey, $3.50 per foot, then on top of that to stay in a room!!! Do they offer boaters discount packages if you take a room and arrive by boat?

I wanted so input before I contact them.

Diamond Member #001 Charter Member C_Spray's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
    Coastal North Carolina

Thumbs up N-I-C-E place!

I stopped by for lunch one day a year or so ago and was very impressed with the place, the service and the food. They have lots of different levels of accomodations, from basic rooms all the way up to suites condos, and villas. Unfortunately, you are stopping by in the middle of peak season, so the rates are a little stiff. I'd say that you will get what you pay for - very nice place. Formula has done a few of their Owners Rendezvous events there, so that should tell you something.

I'm trying to get a group together for an informal "roundup" there next fall (October 2004) if anyone else is interested.....
    Retired! Boating full-time now.

Charter Member#93 Charter Member Ike's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 41ft Apache Indian Outlaw
    The Burbs
    Very nice, we stayed there on the way back from key west a couple of years ago and was very impressed, expensive but worth it.

We were just there on Sat. for a cocktail stop. Great place! Get in touch with Rice Hauler, he seams to know the inside track at that place.

My Boats:
    Thoroughbred/Velocity 32'
    Freehold, NJ. USA
    Ron P has also recently stayed there and liked it very much....I've been through the's beautiful....

My Boats:
    38' Cigarette, 42'Post, Driver:F2-07 Wild Child
    Greenwich CT. U S of A
    I've been there on my Cigarette with the Fl Powerboat Club on several occasions.
    Very nice place!
    They have a couple of restaurants & cocktail places on site & the lagoon is great to relax by & have a cold frozen drink.
    The hotel rooms are not bad & the marina condos are new and very nice. I hear the hotel rooms were redone recently.

Gold Member Gold Member fandango's Avatar
    Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach, FL
    As all said, a very nice place with accomodations for all. It will be pricey that time of year. We took the Cigarette there this New Years and I believe gas was $3.63 (might be more now with oil prices). You might want to think of day trips from there through the upper Abacos. Beautiful sights and good places for all types of water activities.
    Solomons Island, MD

My Boats:
    39 Dragon
    Ft.Lauderdale, Florida
    It's very nice but if your going in a boat Little Palm Hut. It's on the south side of the 7 mile bridge. If your going by car you need to take the ferry boat. No car only beach, food, rooms, boats and drinks. Craig

Gold Member Gold Member AppSysCons's Avatar
    My Boats:
    CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
    Port Charlotte, FL
    We spent the weekend there this past Jan in a villa. It was great! The place was empty. The service was excellent. The dolphins were friendly. We would go back again and again.

There are some pictures of my stay at
    click in "general piscture gallery"

Frank F.
    Frank Fasulo
    2004 Stingray 230LX
    Canon 7D | EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Thousands of pictures at

My Boats:
    32' Velocity /Thoroughbed
    Freehold NJ
    Very nice place. Stayed there a few yrs ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast