Notices

Hummer H2 - Any problems?

Old 02-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hummer H2 - Any problems?

I am shopping for a new truck. It will be used as a daily driver by both my wife and I.

I stopped to look at a new Hummer just for fun and after a test drive I was pretty impressed with the truck. It doesn't drive as big and cumbersome as it looks. And the price seems about the same as most of the other large SUV's - $50K. The gas mileage will suck, but they are all pretty bad.

Does anyone already own one? Any problems? Does the novelty wear off after a few months?

Thanks!

Steve
Old 02-25-2003, 12:13 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default H1

The word on the street is that the thing doesn't have enough motor... GM may be using the 345HP 6.0 in that thing before too long.
We are "muscle boat" guys. This implies having motor.
Now, go get it if you have an 18' brand B with a 4.3 V6...

Powerboat Mag did a test on the H1. They said powertrain was great, but needed more smoke. They also said you couldn't see anything out of the back windows. This may be a factor for the Mrs. , as I have never see a woman use the mirrors..

Please keep one thing in mind. It's not a Real Hummer.
I really upset a guy the other day when I told him his nice shiny new H1 wasnt a Real Hummer... What a cry baby he was.

I hope i impressed him with the smoky burnout that was gratus my GMC dually when I left the Hess station...
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 02-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Registered

The H1 is the real Hummer. The H2 is the Tahoe with a 6.0L.

Drivetrain durability should be comparable to a Chevy truck, I would think. They only have a 6500lb tow rating, but for a daily driver, who cares. Other than the gas costs.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:21 PM
tunnelvision

WONDER IF THEY'LL EVER OFFER THE DURAMAX IN THE H2? THAT WOULD BE THE PERFECT COMBO.

Old 02-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default H2

Sorry, I was typing too fast. The H2 is te imitation Hummer. The H1 is the real deal.
Powerboat did thest the H2, little Hummer. They pulled a 271 Fastech and said it was lazy.

No snorkel? Who buys a Hummer without a snorkel?
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 02-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Registered

Could just all be a rumer, but I was told the diesel H2 combo isn't and will never be a go. Something about the tranny needed won't work w/ the H2?
Old 02-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Registered

I have a Chevy Dually with the 6.5 diesel for towing.

We currently have a 1992 Toyota Landcruiser. It has been a great truck but it is a slug. Even the Hummer, as big and heavy as it is, felt like a sports car by comparison.

I agree, the new Duramax would be great.

Steve
Old 02-25-2003, 01:24 PM
Registered

I have a problem with the H2. It's the Ugliest thing I've ever sceen on the road since the Aztek came out! If it's not in camo, it doesn't belong on a city street!

How does Dennis Miller say it? That's just my opinion, but I could be wrong.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Registered

I was behind a brand new one the other day and could not believe what I saw. The black powder coated bolts on the rear bumper that hold down the tow hooks were rusting! This on a $50k vehicle... come on!
Old 02-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Go with the Yukon XL or Suburban

GM has big rebates on these and get the 3/4 ton. The H2 is fine but they are the "hot" vehicle right now. The H2 is really just a widened Yukon chasis, but does have much more off-road capabilities. The 6.0 liter in them is fine, they get 10 mpg period.

Wannabe in Motor City

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 - Any problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.