Notices

Heading to Florida......

Old 02-24-2003, 12:26 PM
CJC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heading to Florida......

...a week from today!!!

Going to Orlando for a week and doing the Disney thing. Meeting my parents at a resort down there. My parents will be watching our kids for a couple nights and we were wondering what there is to do in the area for some fun for two adults that have been frozen and snowed in for the last 4 months. My wife and I were gonna go to Daytona for a day and show the teenie boppers how it's done "old school", but found out we're a week early for spring break. I did discover Bike Week will be going on , but they won't take reservations less than 5 days. They said we would have to "take a chance" on a room being open. So, if we can't find a place, we'll be back in Orlando for the night. If you had to pick one thing that is a must do in Orlando, where/what would it be???????

Thanks,
Casey
Old 02-24-2003, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Pleasure Island...it is a fun ADULT thing in Disney...nightclubs galore! You should be able to find it on the net.

Have fun!

Julie
Old 02-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Charter Member#1205
Charter Member

Drive over to Tampa/St Pete and hook up with some OSO members who live there.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by terrygar
Drive over to Tampa/St Pete and hook up with some OSO members who live there.
Now that's a fine idea!
Find a coast, east or west, doesn't matter....Orlando is so boring, imho...
Old 02-24-2003, 02:46 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

boring? naw, all depends on what you want to do. There is plenty to do around here for people that do not live here. I would suggest race rock cafe on I drive... Self explanitory I would think. The "nightlife" at downtown disney and Universal's citywalk are not bad... Daytona IS going to be a nice place to go, and the drive is not that bad from Orlando... I am going to go out there for a night myself and drive back.. Looking at about a 45-60 minute ride for me (add about 20 minutes if you are down by the resorts) So you COULD go to daytona and come back all in the same night... Tampa/ St. Pete is a bit farther but still plenty to do there as well...
Old 02-24-2003, 03:15 PM
CJC
Registered

ChrisK, what night are you going to Daytona?? Any event in particular you're going for? We were thinking of mid-week, but that may be a school night for you locals. Let us know what night you had in mind.

Do you know of any place that might have vacancy for one night within walking (staggering) distance to Daytona? I really don't want to mess around drinking and driving.... especially being in another state.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Don's Bolt

Fun Ford Weekend is in Orlando this weekend, so if you like drag racing it is your lucky weekend.

http://www.funfordevents.com/2003/Ev...ndo03_info.php

I am not sure, but I may be there racing, I am just waiting to see if my truck will be done by wednesday.

Old 02-24-2003, 04:14 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dont have any particular night in mind of going, whatever night the weather looks like it will cooperate with me.... I am taking my bike over..... No particular event I am going for... If you have never been to bike week I suggest main street... that is where much of the action is going on. Or on the mainland(I believe it is rt1) there is a large area set up also. They have dealers set up along there selling some WICKED customs and clothing. Last year they also had a "dyno-drag" set up where 2 bike could go to drag race AND get a dyno run on their bikes... That was wild watching 2 hyabusa's run against each other....PM me and I will give you my phine number so we can meet up of you want.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Registered

Fort Lauderdale http://www.speedboatrides.com/ Also, a drive to Key West in a convertible is relaxing and beatiful once you hit the bridges.... Bottom line for us Northernor's.... It's warm down there and beautiful!!!! Hit the road, get out on a boat and hit the beach for a bit.....
Old 02-25-2003, 09:40 AM
CJC
Registered

Chris, I'll PM you. I will have the address where we are staying later today.

Doesn't Nasty Habit live near Orlando too?? Wanted to stop in and witness just what kind of evil and sinfull business he's running.

Quick Reply: Heading to Florida......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.