Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT:my 1st week back after 2 YEARS off diet and the gym...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44384-ot-my-1st-week-back-after-2-years-off-diet-gym.html)

wilerty 02-28-2003 09:53 PM

See if this scares anyone onto getting in shape ... I had a heart attack a week and a half ago 2/19 in the middle of the night. I drove myself to the hosptal. Two days later I was home with no damage, 3 stints in my heart, and a 95% blockage fixed. My cholesteral was 183. I'm 56 and overweight. I've lost 17 lbs since the attack and go to the gym every day for at least a 30 minute aerobic exercise. I feel about 20 years younger.

My advice: Get in shape and respond quickly if you think you might be having heart problems. The damage you do during a heart attack is IRREVERSABLE ...

audacity 02-28-2003 10:27 PM

keep up the good work!..

i've done a lot of damage to my body over the many years...i have no disillusions about the price i will pay as the years pass.

jrocket 03-01-2003 12:56 AM

Reckon all that damage comes from Duval St??
Really tried to catch up with you at New Years but had a hard time convincing my wife off the beach New Years Eve. There was something she kept mumbling about her buds being green when she got home with the tan. Anyhow yall must have packed it in before we got down. Well guess try it again next time. We sittng on revolve list at the Galleon soon as they call with another week we are headed down.

THEJOKER 03-01-2003 08:22 AM

double whopper

Just munched down a double whopper w/ cheese - haha - jk - had a complete physical yesterday and the scales don't lie - it's time to loose a few - BH

pullmytrigger 03-01-2003 08:49 AM

I have lost 13lbs by eating something substantial at lunch then having like soup and a sandwhich for dinner instead of some big munchout.....completly different mindset from the way Ive been programed growing up but seems to work......has anyone out there used Trim Spa??.......if Crazy Cabbie can do it.......their website is pretty convincing, supposed to simply curb your appitite which is something I could use........Doug

chuckbeecher 03-01-2003 10:04 AM

Have lost 20 pounds in 6 weks. Cut down the bad carbs and watch what sugars are in things and cut the fat. Alot of no-fat products are great tasting. Also take Chitosan tablets to catch the fat that gets by me. Now if I only liked to exercise. Yuck! By the way, Dryers makes a great and addicting nofat no-sugar added ice cream! it's tuff to have a sweet tooth! I sure miss Whataburgers and fried shrimp! But I do treat myself every couple of weeks. I have hit like a plateau and can't get past the 20 lbs loss. Maybe it,s the Dryers. Good Luck Joe...
By the way, this all had to be done as a result of not smoking anymore..Now I'll be so healthy I'll croak from all the shock to my systems! hehehe!!

throttleup 03-01-2003 10:53 AM

Coongrats to ll of you doing something in your lives to make yourselves healthier!

Kudos!

Julie

florida gator 03-01-2003 11:36 AM

It feels great once you get started. Then it's hard to stop.

About 18 mos ago I refused to buy pants with a 40" waist. I figured once you buy 40 then 42 44 etc would be no problem. I went out and spent alot of cash on 38 to give me the incentive to "make them comfortable".

For cardio I started walking around my block, approx 1 mile. I hate walking. It's so boring. So, I started running. I could only make it the distance between 2 power poles before I felt like I was going to die. Each week I added another 2 power poles.

Next thing I know, I'm entering a 5k, didn't do too bad either. After a few of those a friend told me about the Gasparilla 15k. I thought no way! But gradually started increasing my distance and by last years Gasparilla I completed it.

BTW, I still have a closet full of nearly new 38" pants. It wasn't long before I had to go buy 36"

obnoxus 03-01-2003 11:38 AM

EAT RIGHT,,, STAY FIT,,, AND DIE ANYWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

obnoxus 03-01-2003 11:39 AM

Just kidding,,, I work out 5 days a week,,,, KEEP IT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!