Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT:my 1st week back after 2 YEARS off diet and the gym...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44384-ot-my-1st-week-back-after-2-years-off-diet-gym.html)

HyperBaja 03-03-2003 03:27 PM

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
I went from 160 to 190 for me its hard to put on weight I eat 5-6 meals a day and was taking almost 370grams of protien a day. The protien ended up messing up my stomache so I've gone about it naturally, I don't like all the chemicals in weight gainers.
I have had very slow results but I am not quiting and I'd like to see 200lbs by summer.

Why are you trying to gain weight? Muscle?

audacity 03-03-2003 03:43 PM

only some muscle has memory...but that's off the subject and a long one...

JJ,,,for the most part what bill and his bro say is correct and good info...i guess i've been in the game for some time and know.....

scales are very misleading....just use the mirror...they only time i get on one is 4 weeks out...other than that i know w/in a lb or two...

CR...i hear ya...i love to eat and drink...

Rick Anderson 03-03-2003 06:26 PM

I think the Body for Life program takes a lot of common sense and packages it together in easily followable & readable format. It is a great program for somone who doen't have a lot of time to train.

mcollinstn 03-03-2003 08:08 PM

Just started the Atkins diet. I figured it was a fad diet or some dangerous unhealthy bunch of bunk.

My doctor told me that in his opinion, the Atkins diet is healthy is the true Atkins plan is followed, and not some extreme variation of it. He also told me that he thought it was the only diet that I would be able to stick with.

So here goes.

Weighed 228 wearing a smile this morning.
I'll keep posting weekly results so I'll feel some sort of obligation.

audacity 03-15-2003 06:12 AM

well 2 weeks 6 days of no F'n around...knocked about 3" off my waist...abds are coming in but i still have 3" more to go then i'll start to be happy...looks like i'm on right on track for Daytona....

mcollinstn 03-15-2003 11:28 PM

From 228 to 221.

Not as quickly as I'd like to see it, but I haven't added exercise yet. Been on Atkins long enough to know it isn't going to be tough to stay on this diet. Low carbs, low sugar.

I'll keep posting updates.

Gordo 03-16-2003 12:09 AM

Just catching up...

I read this thread for the first time tonight. I'm now more depressed than ever.
Every year in February, the fire department puts us through a physical and full bloodwork comperable to NASA astronauts.
Last year, my cholesterol<sp?> was 193 and I weighed 176lbs., the most I had ever weighed to that point.
Then, just after the Savanah GA. race, after almost 18 years of smoking, I finally quit smoking.
I have really tried to watch my weight, but I knew I had gained some.
Last week was our annual physicals again. I still made "excellent" on my incline treadmill test. But, my cholesterol was 205 and I now weigh 187lbs. To make matters worse, I turned 40.
I was in better shape when I smoked! :mad:

audacity 03-16-2003 06:08 AM

F-in-A gordo...your falling apart!...LOL....no,, that's really cool you quit smoking!...

for me, i just need to be in great condition when that green flag drops...so i've been do'n cardio for the first time in, i don't know how long!

CAP071 03-16-2003 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A true Hero

audacity 03-16-2003 08:17 AM

dude...homer is the king!...i gave it my all for two years to be like him...could not pull it...so back to my old ways....