Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   37 GTX or Gladiator (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44426-37-gtx-gladiator.html)

bojoe2 03-02-2003 09:47 PM

thats your choice but ol all the way follow the leader

OffshoreOnly 03-02-2003 09:55 PM

You all might be interested in reading the newest News article on the OSO home page.

bojoe2 03-02-2003 10:05 PM

me too 105 been in lets rock 37 ol w/ merc 900 in 6-9 ft in nj from pt pleasent to a/c on a njppc pocker run wnen only 9 boats went via ocian we ran 109 98% of the way what a ride by the way out of the other 8 boats 7 were ol all other boats took the bay!

O-Limit37 03-02-2003 10:14 PM

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
I dont know about the 37 GTX but I know the brochure boat for OL last year(37 Stiletto) ran 109 mph with KE 675's and 6's. Swap the sixes for Bravo's and you're in the 113+ range easily.

The 37 (brochure boat) which was at Miami last year is beautiful. Last time I checked, it's still for sale at Ocean Performance! I can't believe it!

Treadwellmotorsports 03-03-2003 01:51 AM

twinstep,

as you can see i have been backed up on my numbers but key word is qaud step. yes the single step is slower. a stock stand up 37 QAUD STEP with 675 eikerts and speed six's with herring props is 110.00 mph. suposidley if you take of the speed sixes it's worth 7 mph and if you factored in a cut down version that weighed less and is more aerodynamic you should be well over 120 mph with very mild power. and if you did apples to apples and priced the gladiater with the same power the price is not to far off. then you have to figure if the extra 15 mph your getting from the gtx is worth the 100,000.00 or so grand extra then the gladiater, plus factor in you have a cabin in the gtx and a much nicer interior.

Treadwell

Treadwellmotorsports 03-03-2003 01:53 AM

too old

don't be grumpy. it's a good boat, good company, and good people.

Treadwell

SPWilson 03-03-2003 07:14 AM

The prices are simply ridiculous.
Are the prices REALLY ridiculous, OR are they getting enough to stay in business and provide a quality product?

Treadwellmotorsports 03-03-2003 07:28 AM

good answer

Treadwell

Treadwellmotorsports 03-03-2003 08:26 AM

sorry to hear that too old. i am sure he was the one guy you coudln't satisfy. every bussiness has a customer or two they can't satisfy. but on the most part speaking from a dealer standpoint there customer service and friendlyness are ten times higher then any other high performance boat out there. the only other builder with such a good repor with his customers at this point is sonic.

other then that i have personally witnessed outerlimits going above and beyond there duty to make a customer happy or just to help them out. i am not even byased because i don't own one ( yet anyway ).

anyway you get the point.
by the way was just kidding about the grumpy thing.
Treadwell

thunderdan 03-03-2003 08:35 AM

I will chime in here and make just one comment. I am not sure if someone was having a bad day last at the NYC boat show but......I went to the show after spending the morning with my father in law doing some work. I was interested in a 37 Outlerlimits and went to the show to specifically look at the boat. Well, after I asked two people to give me some information about the boat, I was asked directly, "do you know what these boats cost, I am not sure that you can afford one".

Nuff said....