Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   37 GTX or Gladiator (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44426-37-gtx-gladiator.html)

thunderdan 03-03-2003 08:37 AM

I do not want anyone to jump on me about this but i would said between the two boat mentioned(I am partial to another 37 lol), you made a great choice.

I will chime in here and make just one comment. I am not sure if someone was having a bad day last at the NYC boat show but......I went to the show after spending the morning with my father in law doing some work. I was interested in a 37 Outlerlimits and went to the show to specifically look at the boat. Well, after I almost begged two people to give me some information about the boat, I was asked directly, "do you know what these boats cost, I am not sure that you can afford one".

Nuff said....

thunderdan 03-03-2003 08:39 AM

Remember, in business and everyday dealing with other people,

Never, Never judge a book by its cover, you may just be surprised by the content inside.;)

Treadwellmotorsports 03-03-2003 08:48 AM

thunderdan,
i will agree with you on this particular subject. i have seen many dealers who i will not name walk up to you and try to qaulify you right away by asking do you make over 100,000.00 a year oh you don't ok get off my dock. been there done that. yes it's embrassing ( especially when you can by the product ) and yes it turns you off to the product immediatly. yes the dealers cast a shadow on the manufacture but i assure you most manufactures don't like it.

Treadwell

thunderdan 03-03-2003 08:53 AM

I would certianly hope that the maunfacturers do not like it. You hit the nail on the head in that it turned me off of the product immediately.

If I was with anyone else but my father in law it would have been very embarassing, but I polietly educated him on the mistake he just made.

Treadwellmotorsports 03-03-2003 09:12 AM

i learned a long time ago in my first sales meeting that all people were treated equal because you never know. i was also told just because he is driving a porsche does not mean he can afford it but more likley the guy driving that 1969 vw beattle could afford the porsche.

Treadwell

thunderdan 03-03-2003 09:20 AM

So true.

LEOPAJM 03-03-2003 09:53 AM

I don't know why you guys always conceal the identity of those that you believe have f'd up ???? (and usually the details of said event) Let's see the list .... and who was the "salesman/dealer"...

You just may save a fellow member (victim) some unneeded duress !

JM

thunderdan 03-03-2003 10:06 AM

I am not concealing anything, I do not remember the salesperson's name. I was too pissed off, in retrospect i probably should have grabbed his name and contacted the owner of the dealer and Outerlimits, but I did not. I am certian that everyone that was in the booth knew what just occured.

The dealership was Ocean Performance out of Conn.

SPWilson 03-03-2003 10:56 AM

Thats a pretty weak defense don't you think? Blaming the customer?
AND, this particular customer is probably one of the nicest guys anyone could ever meet! BUT, there are always 3 sides to every story.

Actually, a list of items needing repair is STANDARD in the boating business...it's not like the automotive industry at all, it's about 25 years behind. Hell, even Sea Rays need attention after delivery!

This is ONLY one mans bad experience, fortunately, i would bet they are far and few between. For every bad story, there are 10 good ones with most any manufacturer!

LEOPAJM 03-03-2003 12:45 PM

".... even Sea Rays need attention after delivery!"

You can say that again !!!!!!!!

JM