Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Norman/Wylie Power Boat Club Meeting (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44440-lake-norman-wylie-power-boat-club-meeting.html)

Steet 03-01-2003 11:58 AM

Lake Norman/Wylie Power Boat Club Meeting

I talked with Vagrant this morning and here are the details for the First ever LNPBC meeting. We have reservations @ North Harbor Club(the old North Harbor Cafe) on lake norman for Sunday March 9th @ 3:00 pm. We will meet in a private room and then dinner if you wish. Everyone is welcome that wants to participate in what is promising to be the best club around. If you can attend, please give us a call or pm us with the number in your party. I talked with the owner, the manager, and the chef and with are welcomed by all and they look forward to serving us in any way. (the food is excellent). We would like a head count.

Vagrant--704-634-9004 or Steet--704-483-6676

Directions by land: from charlotte take I-77N to exit 30 (davidson)
turn left, go across I-77 and turn R into the next business park entrance and bear around to the right to the end. The restaurant backs up the the interstate.

Directions by water: Go pass the big island where the locals hang out (the sand bar) and go north passing marker D6 (red) and bear right until you pickup marker T2 and proceed on past T4 then head toward the interstate. Bear right into the marina which is only about 100 yards from the interstate. There are slips available in front of the restaurant.

Restaurant phone # 704-896-5559

Look forward to seeing you there

Vagrant, if I left anything out, jump in

Dock Holiday 03-01-2003 12:18 PM

Steve,

Count Tommie and me in. Looking forward to it.

I have e-mailed several performance boat owners on the lake that really don't follow this forum and invited them. Hopefully you will hear from them.

Picking up the Baja next Saturday in Jacksonville. Man I hope the weather is nice, would like to come by boat. The last time I was in there a couple of years ago, it was tight on boat parking?

Mark

Steet 03-01-2003 12:26 PM

LNPBC meeting

Doc, they have doubled the number of slips they use to have. They also are talking with Duke Power about adding a mooring place out in front of the interstate and having a water taxi pick you up and take you to the bar. They would be great for the summer, when everyone is out .

Dock Holiday 03-01-2003 12:44 PM

Steve,

That is great news, we hated to see it close, was one of the better resturants. Hope it will be as good as before.

The area in front of I-77 is our favorite place to anchor out.

Would be perfect for us!

I have heard that Mid Towne is going to close? Any Word on that?

Mark

Steet 03-01-2003 02:03 PM

Midtown

I have been hearing rumors for almost a year now, but they are still open and if they make it another month they will probably stay open.

By the way, I ate at North Harbor Club last night with a group of 20 and the food and service was excellent.

Black Thunder Boat 03-01-2003 02:57 PM

Hey Steve, Mark and David
I will not be able to attend the meeting on that Sunday, its my son's birthday party that day and as most of you know that takes precendence over everything, even boating! But as you guys know I am very interested in helping out with the club.

As for North Harbor Club, I was in there this week and it is beautiful! Much different than the old restaraunt. I dont think Midtown is closing, I keep hearing rumors but I spoke to the owner this week and he did not mention anything!

I met with the guys that own the Rusty Rudder and they are planning some great events this summer, should be fun!

Mike Nichols

vagrant 03-01-2003 06:26 PM

Hey Mike,
Hope your son has a wonderful birthday and many many more. Be sure to tell him Happy Birthday from us.

I hope everyone can attend and we look forward to meeting each and every one of you. This will be the start of something you guys will be proud to be a member of . I will send e-mails out to the ones that expressed interest in the first post about the club.

Steve,
Thank you for getting our first club meeting arranged with the
owners of North Harbor Club.

David

vagrant 03-02-2003 08:50 AM

ttt

Sonny Spectre 30 03-02-2003 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would like to be a part of the club but will not be able to attend meeting as I will be in Daytona Beach for Bike Week. Let me know how it goes.

[email protected]

mikes280 03-02-2003 06:57 PM

steve we will be there looking forward to it hope us boys from lake wylie are welcome