Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ebay Question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44444-ebay-question.html)

JnT 03-01-2003 09:28 PM

EBAY is addictive!!!!Watch the feedback of the seller.I love ebay.

Niuhi 03-02-2003 12:17 AM

Tracy would walk in and see me on the computer and if it wasn't on OSO she'd ask me what the hell I had bought now :D. I've had for the most part good luck, only a couple deadbeats.

enticer 03-02-2003 05:17 AM

Never----I mean never talk to a bidder..........you can see what happens. I get them all the time wanting to know the reserve..........I explain to them .."That's why they call reserve" ....I reserve the right to keep it confidential.............

open87 03-02-2003 06:56 AM

IF YOU LOOK AT ITEMS ON EBAY MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE PICTURE ON WHAT YOUR BIDDING ON, WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET.

Vyper340 03-02-2003 06:57 AM

No probs and have bought lots of stuff including a high price toy

CAP071 03-02-2003 08:52 AM

I have about 300+ purchases on E-bay and never got screwed yet On anything,. I can tell you if you bid on anything Always wait until last 5 mins I laugh at these people that bid almost 7 days before item bidding ends. While do they always do that? Don't they realize that they are only driving the price up higher. I always sit n wait until last few minutes than bid away!!!

It is very addictive and it seemd like no matter I look for it is always on Ebay for sale!

I always send postal money orders for the small stuff so If you don't get it, You can call postal insp for mail fraud, and they can track the Money order to see who n when it was cashed. If it's a big item always ask the person for their phone number to call the, If they say No then they are hiding something.

C_Spray 03-02-2003 10:48 AM

Originally posted by CAP071
....I can tell you if you bid on anything Always wait until last 5 mins I laugh at these people that bid almost 7 days before item bidding ends. While do they always do that? Don't they realize that they are only driving the price up higher. I always sit n wait until last few minutes than bid away!!!....
This is called "sniping", and is considered bad form by ebay. If you think about it, just bid the maximum that you are willing to pay and be done with it. If you get into a bidding war at the last minute, you'll probably wind up getting too competitive and paying more than you should. Besides, just because an item is at $14.00, doesn't meant that you'll get it for $14.50 - the current high bidder could have bid $22.00 for all you know. Just because you bid a certain amount a week earlier doesn't mean that it will necessarily go all the way to that maximum.

Check ebay's rules and policies - they could potentially give you a hard time about this.

ren3 03-02-2003 11:52 AM

I have over 350 all positive transactions on ebay. I have sold and bought a lot of parts for my 35 ' Cigarette there. I always communicate with propective buyers and sellers. You can not always tell from a picture and brief description what the item's condition is. I welcome inquiries, but I do not give out reserve prices and have been asked to do so only twice. If you use "Proxy" bidding, it just tends to drive the price up which makes money for ebay. Think about a live auction; you watch the action and jump in if you feel good about the bid price. I never bid early in an auction because it only alerts other bidders that I might be interested, and it tends to drive the price up. PayPal works fine. Follow the advice earlier and use a credit card that is more or less dedicated to this, and I also use the verified checking account with an account principally dedicated to this. The risk is almost non-existant. Ebay is so very profitable because a majority of the bidders are simply not sophisticated, and pay more than they should for a lot of items. Use the tools and surf it often, and you will be amazed at what you will find.

CAP071 03-02-2003 07:21 PM

Yea the Ebay police might come take me away! I been winning on ebay doing that type of bidding for years. It's just like the stock market know when to get in n get out. Only a fool would bid up a product weeks before the close of bidding. If I know I would pay $500 for an item why would i put that in 5 days to go? I wait until there is a few minutes to go and i put my bid in for 500 even if its at 400. Its just smart bidding.

Playn 03-02-2003 07:25 PM

Originally posted by CAP071
Yea the Ebay police might come take me away! I been winning on ebay doing that type of bidding for years. It's just like the stock market know when to get in n get out. Only a fool would bid up a product weeks before the close of bidding. If I know I would pay $500 for an item why would i put that in 5 days to go? I wait until there is a few minutes to go and i put my bid in for 500 even if its at 400. Its just smart bidding.
Yep, that's why there is the
watch this item" feature. Wait until the end then put in your max price your willing to pay. Generally the time will expire before it reaches your max anyway.