Notices

Ebay Question

Old 03-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Question

Im looking to bid a few things on ebay this afternoon.
I need to set up an account and wanted to know if anyone has any tips? I saw the earlier paypal warning and just wondering if there is any other things I should be aware of.
What kind of personal information do I have to give them?
Old 03-01-2003, 12:54 PM
packinair

I have sold and bid on many many things on e-bay and have used paypal for yeas now and NEVER had a problem or heard first hand of a serious problem....

Old 03-01-2003, 12:57 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just set up an account last Monday.

Bought some blind spot mirrors made especially for the Ford truck.

The sellers was great, they are aready here and installed.

Everything worked GREAT!

The only thing is I will only use my American Express card for these purchases. American Express seems to cover your back on internet purchases.

With PayPal, they want to to "Verify", by giving them checking account information. It is not required, but recommended.

I will not do that! NO WAY
Old 03-01-2003, 01:26 PM
Registered

"Just be careful but 99% of the time you will have good luck with it
"

Ive heard alot of possitive stories. Im trying to be careful from the start. I want to be able to bid, but only want to give out as little personal info a possible.
Thanks for the tips.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tantrum, Whats up. What was the outcome with your outdrive from Lake George ?? I got the new tow rig (cig) ready. I specialize in 50mph tow jobs

Lake tow Bob
Old 03-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Ebay's great, but almost as addicting as OSO...

Chris - My experiences (100+ transactions) have all been good. I've mostly been buying small items between $10-$50, but also sold a bunch of garage clutter. It's OK to use PayPal with your AmEx - AmEx will stand behind you if need be, but I haven't experienced any problems with PayPal anway.

Be polite and just bid once - the maximum amount you're willing to pay. If you lose, forget it and move on - the item will eventually show up again. There are all sorts of "My Favorite" options you can set up - specific searches with price limits, favorite browsing areas, email notifications, etc., etc....
Old 03-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Registered

Otis; Im actually making phone calls on the drive today. I did hear rumor there was a new "Cig Tow Service" on Lake George, I shoulda known you were behind it Hopfully it will be a problem free year but just in case Im going to reinforce all tow points with 4x8 sheets of 1/4" inch steel plates might way my boat down but with the additional HP in your new tow rig we should be fine

C_Spray; Sorry I missed out on the winter party this year. Thanks for the tips and say HI to WooHoo for me.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Registered

I have had over 300 positive transactions on Ebay both selling and buying combined. I've only had 3 deadbeat bidders and have run into a few jerks but all in all, I've had great luck with Ebay.

I also deal with paypal on a daily basis and have never had a problem. Not one! (over 150 transactions through paypal)

Use a Credit Card with a small limit for all your online purchases. You can call and have your limit raised and lowered as needed.
Just be smart about it and you will be fine.

Old 03-01-2003, 04:06 PM

Hey Chris were have you been? Haven't heard from you at all this Winter. Melissa says hello Give a call one day.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I bought a mota from a guy in Illnois ,used pay pal,with a escroe account,recived item,checked it out,all OK,then released money to seller.all worked out well and buy now and then. its a good way,for big ticket stuff,or a visit is necssary. tripps

Quick Reply: Ebay Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.