Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sturgeon Bay Poker run - Phone number? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44558-sturgeon-bay-poker-run-phone-number.html)

rv 03-03-2003 09:03 AM

Sturgeon Bay Poker run - Phone number?

Can someone provide information on how to contact any of the people responsible for hosting the Sturgeon Bay Poker run this year.

I found out that they currently have it planned for the same weekend as Skipper Buds Blast on the Bay. As a result all three of the marina's (Quarter Deck, Harbor Club and Stone Harbor) are reserved for the Blast group. This does not leave any slips available for people attending the Sturgeon Bay Poker run.

Thanks for any info,
Rick

RonS 03-03-2003 09:56 AM

Rick, I just called about it, this is the first that they heard of the event or the lack of availability of slips.

I talked to Lisa and she said to call John Asher, @920 743 6533
ext 333.

When you find something out let me know

Ron

rv 03-03-2003 11:58 AM

Thanks Ron,
I just put a call into John and left a message. Once I hear I will let you know.

Rick

rv 03-04-2003 07:38 AM

Well guys,
I talked with John with regards to the Sturgeon Bay Poker run and the lack of slips being available in the area because of the Skipper Buds Blast on the Bay and them having a couple of the marina's booked.

I was told by Skipper buds that the Quarter Deck, Harbor Club and Stone Harbor are booked for that weekend. John's response was that Stone Harbor is no longer run by Skipper Bud's and they shouldn't have that booked. However, from what I remember Stone Harbor is not very big and the guy from Skipper Bud's indicated that Carver is having some activity that weekend.

Bottom line, I did not get a very warm feeling from John that there was much if any concern whether slips were available or not. A couple of comments he made was, "we always schedule for this weekend" and "it is not our responsiblity to find slips for people attending".

I agree with him on both statements. However, I would think if you were to have a successful event one of the items to consider is will the people participating have a place to stay. If not they may not come. He did indicate that if you don't like it don't come.

Last year was our first attendance to this poker run and we had a lot of fun, the people were friendly and the shoreline is very nice up there. I hope we can attend this year, but we will not be going if there is no place available to slip the boat for the weekend.

I hope those that plan on attending have better luck than I so far!

Rick

stevel 03-04-2003 12:25 PM

What weekend is it?

Steve

rv 03-04-2003 01:46 PM

Steve,
The Sturgeon Bay Poker run is the weekend of 7/11-7/13.

Rick