"Smugglers and Speedboats", the Don Aronow story, Wed 10pm, A&E Network

Old 03-06-2003, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was OK, but too many comercials !!!

The Story would make a great movie.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:42 AM
tunnelvision

is there any way any of you that taped it might make an additional copy ? PLEASE!!! let me know , i'll send you $ thanks

Old 03-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't even stay awake to see the end of the Laker game. I told the wifey to wake me at 10 so I could watch the show, but I fell asleep about 15 minutes into it .... not because it was boring ... I was tired as hell. Well, it was one of those night when you wake up and can't go back to sleep .. I was hoping it was almost time to get up, but after about 30 minutes of tossing and turning I looked at the clock and it was only 2:00am .... phk it, I decided to watch a little TV and when I turned it on THE SHOW was just beginning ..... Cool

I liked it ... and I'm sure they used Speed Kills as the basis ... but that's OK. They could only skim the surface because there was only one hour to do it. Read the book... it's hard to put down.

G

Last edited by cigarette1; 03-06-2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by RumRunner
It was OK, but too many comercials !!!

The Story would make a great movie.

YA where is the Movie, Hey Nort your near Hollywood
Get on the Phone!!! Well your at it can the put in for some
Miami Vice stuff On High Def DVDs so we can enjoy
all over again. Damn Big Screen Might make it
Much better than the 27" from 10 years ago
Old 03-06-2003, 10:16 AM
Registered

That was`nt a helicopter escape attempt. He was in the yard minding his own buisness doing jumping jacks when his shirt sleve inadvertently got caught on the skid of a passing helicopter!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had read 'Speed Kills" several years ago. In the book, all evidence pointed to Kramer as the mastermind and Young as the shooter. However, at the time of publication, that was all just conjecture. I did not realize until seeing last nights show that they had in fact laid the rap on Kramer/Young. Anybody that has read the books and articles can only come away with the conclusion that those two loosers did DA in.

Now that that is essntially a fact (at least according to the show), I'm even more pissed and disgusted at that little piece of dogsh!t. He took away the best thing that ever happened to powerboats. I hope he's getting a regular dose "convict cream" everyday. What a full fledged punk he is.

Apache or no Apache, Kramer was and is nothing but a wannabe!
Old 03-06-2003, 02:25 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats to Brownie.......... He looked like a college professer and sounded like one too.

As far as the show went............ It told a very condensed version of a much more complicated story.........and left out enough that the viewer had no clue as to reality.

Richie Powers I luv ya bro.........But the USA Cat was the only Catamaran in history that was slower than an equal size vee with the same power...... a real dog. ...and the thought of revenge against Aronow by drug runners for creating that tub to "catch them"....was laughable.

Finally, the show was badly edited and timed.....with unending repetitions of Miami "atmosphere" points at each commercial break......... If you were in the know you caught the multiple picture errors at the end................ All of the supposed pictures of Young....were actually Kramer. The guy at the end in the prison suit was Young.

In the end.......what actually happened ( and I knew them both)was that two very ruthless, egotistical, and larger than life characters, Aronow and Kramer, got into a "who's tougher" pecker length contest. Aronow won the battles........... Kramer won the war.

Sadly, neither guy scored much of a victory.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 03-06-2003 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:54 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

"In the end.......what actually happened ( and I knew them both)was that two very ruthless, egotistical, and larger than life characters, Aronow and Kramer, got into a "who's tougher" pecker length contest. Aronow won the battles........... Kramer won the war.

Sadly, neither guy scored much of a victory. "

Rich, Nobody "Won the war" I 'd rather be dead than to spend the rest of my life behind bars in a Max security prison, Especically at such a young age.

Roger, No more "Hollywood" escape attempts since the "Kramer wires" were installed in the yard.

Santa, I mean Allan , That last statment that you made on the show was so true. When you stop and think about it how many boatracers from the 80's are still around, Most of the ones's that I can think of are either, In jail, Just got out of jail, Or dead. "Livin life in the fast lane..." Has it's price.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:07 PM
Registered

we need a hollywood guy to make this a blockbuster. from all this knowledge I cannot believe there isn't one. could be as cool as the movie "blow," but cooler to powerboaters. a lot of it would be somewhat similar. does anyone know if DA or BK knew "Boston" George Young?
Old 03-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

I liked the statement near the end when someone said something to the effect:

Boat racing used to be about boat builders, then it became about drug dealers and now it's about rich guys.

G

Quick Reply: "Smugglers and Speedboats", the Don Aronow story, Wed 10pm, A&E Network

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.