Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Suburbans (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44614-new-suburbans.html)

Sydwayz 03-03-2003 10:38 PM

I have the 2500 Avalanche, same exact running gear as 2500 burb, with 8.1, M32, and 4.10. I am extremely happy.

wannabe 03-03-2003 10:53 PM

Suburban All The Way

The Excursion is a dead vehicle. It is being discontinued so resale will be really bad.

The 4 wheel steer in the 2500 Sub. is really neat and makes for a manuevverable vehicle. The 6.0 w/ 4.11 will pull almost anythin unless your boat & trailer weigh over 10,500 lbs than g4et the 8.1.

The dealers should have big rebates on these things.

Wannabe

ScalpTaker36 03-03-2003 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm selling a
2002 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT w/ Z71, Barn Doors, Factory Roof with only 12,000 miles

www.southshoreleasing.com

gmhdfan 03-03-2003 11:22 PM

Originally posted by 1HYPER1
Hey guys,
I have a Ford F 350 with a 7.3 DI and a chip,I have also added propane injection and a jake brake,NOTHING will out tow it and I dont care what you are driving.I am just curious about the Suburbans because when you travel long distances with the wife and kids the extra room has always been nice to have and the Excursion rides like my Dually and that is not very comfortable to go long distances in.Also on many of those trips the boat is along for the ride.

You hit the nail right on the head!! With twin 6 yr olds the back seat of the dually isn't far enough back. For trips we strap the tv/vcr combo between the rear buckets in the burb and put the kids in the third seat with headphones. Never here "are we there yet" once! The burb parks well at the mall and FITS through the car wash. Nothing could replace my dually when it comes to working (running motors, home repair stuff, gas cans, pool supplies) You guys keep talking about your powerstroke motors and I just don't know what you see in them? I have a new F450 wheel lift wrecker we us for repos and I'm not impressed with the pulling power and thats just with a car on the back. It has 19.5 tires and almost tachs 3000 RPM's running down the highway? With diesle almost $2.00 a gallon, I would rather drive my big block chevy truck. But the burb is a great all around truck. :) :cool:

Sunrise Girl 03-04-2003 08:43 AM

1Hyper1,
I have the '02 3/4 ton 4x4 with the 8.1 in it (along with the chip & Borla exhaust) and I love it! I'm a petite person and am able to handle that truck with no problem! Like gmhdfan's truck, I also have the bucket seats which the kids love. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone interested in an SUV! We also use it to tow the '31 Scarab with no problem!

Cat

SummerObsession 03-04-2003 08:48 AM

I would love to have a 2500 Sub with a Duramax. I jsut bought a 2500HD with a chip in it and it is absolutely awesome. Mileage on the highway is slightly over 18 mpg. I haven't towed with it yet, so I don't know mileage there.
I can, at will, out run nearly anything on the street. (muscle cars excepted of course, but Fast and furious type rice junkers don't stand a chance!)

I think we all need to e-mail GM and implore them to build a duramax/allison sub! With Ford quitting the X, I would certainly think there is a market in the future. If anyone knows a link to GM marketing, please post it!!

jdnca1 03-04-2003 10:18 AM

I have an 01 2500 8.1L with 4.10 gears. The truck runs great but it is thirsty, 10.5-11MPG is all in town. The new truck is a big improvement over the 97 2500 7.4L I had before. GM finally fixed the brakes! :rolleyes: The 97 had 200K on it and still did not burn a drop of oil, if you figure an average of 40MPH that motor had 5,000 hrs on it. Not bad for a gas motor.

For what I tow (mid weights) I would get the 3.73 gear with the 8.1L for some added fuel economy if I were doing it again. A Stock Powerstroke will not come close to staying with the 8100 empty...sorry guys:p I know from plenty of experience:D

obnoxus 03-04-2003 10:36 AM

WAIT !!!!!!!!!!! GM is going to put the Duramax in the 2500 'burban soon,,,thats my next vehicle.