Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   AutoMeter Marine gauges---Coming soon! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44688-autometer-marine-gauges-coming-soon.html)

fred 03-05-2003 11:20 AM

I wouldn't be afraid to use the automotive grade ones in fresh water marine use,...I ran 4 of them outside on my cowl on my Pro-Street car and never had a problem....Fred

Iggy 03-05-2003 11:22 AM

Stewart-Warner is making a come back and has a complete line of marine gauges. Look good too.
Haven't found any prices yet, but I'm looking.

Rambunctious 03-05-2003 11:37 AM

Ranman, I would guess that if Autometer can sell the same product directly to the consumer at a retail price, they just gained about 50% in revenue for that given added sales volume
(ie. profit margin Livorsi gets)

the best for the consumer would be if they sell it for something less than Livorsi and not be greedy............but they probably have some agreements with L.. on this.
either way, I hope they will be less

slightly off topic, anyone know if any digital voltmeters
(illuminated digit reading, not sweeping needle) that i can replace my merc trim indicator needle gauges with. I need the 2" or
2 1/8" whatever standard size to swap out.

this would be a poor man' mechanical indicator- ie. set trim to a voltage reading each time........

ROUGH WATER 03-05-2003 12:14 PM

Originally posted by Rambunctious
Ranman, I would guess that if Autometer can sell the same product directly to the consumer at a retail price, they just gained about 50% in revenue for that given added sales volume
(ie. profit margin Livorsi gets)

the best for the consumer would be if they sell it for something less than Livorsi and not be greedy............but they probably have some agreements with L.. on this.
either way, I hope they will be less

slightly off topic, anyone know if any digital voltmeters
(illuminated digit reading, not sweeping needle) that i can replace my merc trim indicator needle gauges with. I need the 2" or
2 1/8" whatever standard size to swap out.

this would be a poor man' mechanical indicator- ie. set trim to a voltage reading each time........

would that work? never thought of it, jegs and summit has them, the brand is cyberdine, not sure on that spelling...

ragtop409 03-05-2003 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a good question WHY Gaffrig by Livorsi? Do you guys like it when your chit dont match? I think if you want the Gaffrig name the Performance would be the way to go? In the photo below you can see the speedo does not match the tack and the 2 1/8 gauges do not match either of the big gauges. Not looking to get flamed just wondering. Charlie

ragtop409 03-05-2003 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
versus these Gaffrig Performance gauges. Witch way will the Auto Meters be? I like my chit to match. Charlie

Iggy 03-05-2003 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the Stewart-Warner Marine gauges look like.

Sean 03-05-2003 03:08 PM

the SWs are full sweep which is cool...but I don't really like all the hash marks...and forgive me for saying so, but they look like Farias to me...

BattleCry 03-05-2003 05:54 PM

The point that I was getting at is that this is a BIG MOVE for AutoMeter. Meaning that they will have to go all out. By that I mean they will have to have someone(s) promoting their product. If you look at Livorsi, Mike is on the road quite a bit. He is at the races, travels to the numerous boat factories, and you deal with the guy one on one. That may not say alot to some people, but to some it says alot. Basically, you get to deal with the main man when buying or discussing a problem. They know their product and sponsor alot of boating events.

That says alot!

cuda 03-05-2003 06:02 PM

If I were Livorsi, I'd be pissed.