If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Lake Texoma Resort and Marina for sell

OK, has anyone had the dream of owning a resort and marina so they can make money while being on the lake full time? Here is a deal you might want to check into:

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Measures permitting the sale of one state lodge, the lease of three others and the bond-financed funding of repairs at three state parks were approved Tuesday in the state House.

House Bill 1431, by Rep. Bob Plunk, D-Ada, would authorize the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Commission to sell Lake Texoma Resort and related property such as boat docks, waterfront acreage and at least one golf course.

Here is a little info on Lake Texoma Resort:

Lake Texoma State Resort Park
    Lodge: P. O. Box 248
    Kingston, OK 73439
    Phone: 580/564-2311 ē Fax: 580/564-9322

100 lodge rooms; 27 cabins (sleep 8); 40 cabins (sleep 4); bayview (sleeps 40); log shelters; 6 poolside suites; meeting facilities; banquet facilities; dining room; waterfront lounge; recreation & fitness center; swimming pool; lighted tennis courts; play courts.

Park: P.O. Box 279
    Kingston, OK 73439
    Park Office: 580/564-2566
    Golf Course: 580/564-3333

87 full RV sites; 194 electric RV sites; rally campground; tent camping; covered pavilions; hiking trail; lighted airstrip; swimming beach; marina; miniature golf; go-cart track; batting cages; video arcade; bumper boats; horseback riding stables; sno-cone stands; coin-operated laundry; off-track betting. Open year íround. 18-hole golf course; driving range. Chickasaw Point Golf Course open 1999.

My Boats:
    Boatless for know
    Haslet, Texas
    Does it say how much $$$$?

Ginger or Mary Ann? Charter Member US1 Fountain's Avatar
    Lafayette, IN
    My new boat is sitting at that marina right now. Howz bout someone going over there and getting it for me till I get down there in 4 weeks?
    Some people are like Slinkies - Not really good for anything, but they
    bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Platinum Member Platinum Member johnnyboatman's Avatar
    My Boats:
    us1 fountain i go there everyother weekend i can pull it to okc if you need too. i have a 35 linghtning myself . it will probaly be ok there unless everyone is pissed they may loose there job if so ohh shiiit.

The measure to sell the resort still has to be approved by the State Senate, but I would expect that to be no problem since the State is short on money. The big problem right now is the amount of money needed to improve all the state owned resorts($100,000,000.00). It amazes me how something like this, run by the government, cannot make a profit.

Back in the early 90's the state sold one of their properties on Lake Eufaula and nearly gave it away just to get out from under it. The Lake Texoma Resort has about 1900 acres and should bring a good price but won't bring anything near what its worth, it will go wholesale.