Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   For those of you that have forgoten (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44746-those-you-have-forgoten.html)

Sydwayz 03-05-2003 01:26 PM

Wow Bill. I never saw that photo. I knew you were in there; just not that close. I worked all over the Pentagon ftom 92-96. I too will never forget; including my thoughts of re-enlistment. I was really close to going back; except the war was not going to be quick and dirty like I wanted it. I am still happy to be spporting the mission in my current position.

Allan4 03-05-2003 01:28 PM

Wow......no kidding Tarheel?? Glad you are okay.

Lapse, Don't get to worked up about N Korea just yet, he is just being opportunistic. He will be dealt with, he is obviously a great danger to the world as well. That is what I don't understand about these anit-war people. When will theylearn you have to fight fire with fire? We are dealing with pure EVIL hear, nothing more, nothing less. The Bible and History speak continously about efforts to root out evil. The History of the world is based on destroying evil. So.....just becuase some guy who is a good actor is unrealistic we should change the way of the world?? Geeezzzz........I guess facts are of no significance here, just opinions.....HO HUM!!!!!

We need to follow this thru to the end and eradicate the evil among us. Sadam and Kim are a good start.....we are also continuing to break down Al Queda.

Funny thing.....why has Cat not come around and reniged his recent comments about how Bsuh has dropped the ball on the fight v Al Queda and the Spet 11 villans? It sure is fun to be right all the time....HeHeHe

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm..............................:)

Playn 03-05-2003 02:49 PM

Originally posted by catmando
How long has it taken to round this guy up? Exactly 18 months after 9/11. Bush got sidetracked with his revenge on Saddam. President Gore would have made killing al Qaeda his Number One Priority, and he would continue the sanctions and no-fly zones against Iraq, keeping Hussein effectively bottled up like he has been since Desert Storm.

And I don't want to hear anything like, "Gore wouldn't have had the guts to do anything about 9/11". He would have had NO CHOICE but to go after bin Laden.

You know Cat, I clearly remember the President's speech saying that it (war on terror) would take a long time. You seem pretty impatient. I don't for one second think this Country (Bush) is sidetracked. I'd call it multi-tasking;) You can hate the man (Bush) all you want but the facts remain that things are being acomplished, and there was certainly a lot that needed to be done. Why don't you put your hatred aside, take a breather and actually support the effort for a change.

mopower 03-05-2003 03:15 PM

Originally posted by Jesse James
My opinion is blunt

IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT THE USA HAS TO DO AND WHAT IT STANDS FOR GET THE F U C % OUT.

Nicely put Jesse:D

Bosco 03-05-2003 03:16 PM

I say an eye for an eye!

Lets NUKE the dirty bastards..............:mad:

Vyper340 03-05-2003 04:27 PM

Nuke'em til they glow!!!!

TEAMBAJA 03-05-2003 04:37 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
Errrrrr, what is with the date/time on that photo??

Hmmm, very interesting point! I guess no one has noticed the date.

Does anyone think we should drop a bomb on France while we're over there? I bet if they had an attack on their country like we did their attitudes would change quick.

US1 Fountain 03-05-2003 04:37 PM

Forgotten.......

NEVER!!!

mlitefan 03-05-2003 05:05 PM

My point was that Bush's preoccupation with Iraq cost us valuable time in rooting out al Qaeda.
You can THINK that all you like Catmando...It doesn't make you right.

In fact, your "thought" is based on nothing but hatred for Bush. Your political statement doesn't hold a thimble full of water...

Ted G 03-05-2003 07:06 PM

Originally posted by catmando
How long has it taken to round this guy up? Exactly 18 months after 9/11. Bush got sidetracked with his revenge on Saddam. President Gore would have made killing al Qaeda his Number One Priority, and he would continue the sanctions and no-fly zones against Iraq, keeping Hussein effectively bottled up like he has been since Desert Storm.

And I don't want to hear anything like, "Gore wouldn't have had the guts to do anything about 9/11". He would have had NO CHOICE but to go after bin Laden.

Sh!t- Gore didn't even have the guts to stand up against Slick Willy. Bill effectively ended Gore's political career with his antics and Gore never said BOO! OTOH with all the folks that have died of unusual circumstances around bill and hill maybe they are a little more dangerous than Al Qaeda:rolleyes: The only way Gore would have seriously chased down Al Qaeda is if he decided that the 9/11 attacks violated EPA laws or that there was a snail darter in that Pennsylvania field. Or he would have done the same crap that Clintoon did and lob a couple of cruise missiles and then gone back to his tax increase plans. I suppose since the 200-300 people dead in the Embassy bombings and the Cole were worth a whole 10 Tomahawks the 3000 from 9/11 would have netted at least 100:mad: But then again Monica was not going to be testifying against Gore so Osama would likely have been safe. Not the scattered human cells on the floor of a cave like he is most probably now. May the insects and rodents enjoy his flavor and pigs defecate on his bones.