Boat Sale Fell Through!!!!!!! >

Boat Sale Fell Through!!!!!!!

Notices

Boat Sale Fell Through!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Sale Fell Through!!!!!!!

Have any of you had an experience like this???I have had one of my boats... (1967 17' CENTURY RESORTER, last of the mahogony woodies, original owner, receipts, brochures, service records,new trailer,low hours, runs like new, needs TLC, CHEAP MONEY,...yada-yada-yada....)....I advertised with a paid ad at a wooden boat only website (it's NOT there fault) since the beginning of the winter...I got the usual "prop-kickers & be-backs" until 2 months ago...I get PM'd, EM'd, phoned...."It's EXACTLY what I've been looking for!!!..."....I sent copies of EVERYTHING, jumped through hoops, negotiated price (I was pretty much $$GIVING$$ it to him & figured the deal was done...."I'll send you a certified check via certified mail, you will have the check in a couple days..."...Fine...you can pick up the boat when I receive the check...That was 3 weeks ago!!!...I've called him, Em'd him, yada-yada-yada...It's like he doesn't exist anymore!!!...In the MEANTIME, I had/have put a fair sized deposit on another boat for my kids & I was anticipating the cash from my boats sale to finish THAT deal!!!...I'm STILL going to buy them the new boat, but I have to go to "column B" now, which kind of sux......HEY DOCKROCKER!!!...You still interested in a classic woody...CHEAP!!!.......MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!!....LOL....Thanx for the RANT!!!!....
Old 03-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Registered

How cheap???? Can you send me pics? Might be a good summer project since I doubt I'll be buring too much $3/gal gas this summer.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Registered

HEY MR VELOCITY...You obviously have VERY good taste in your boat of choice!!!...VELOCITY rules...PM or EM me re: that other boat...I don't want the board "gods" to SPANK me for SPAMMIN' up the boards!!!....BUT...the $price$ is right!!!...I HAVE to sell it...
Old 03-05-2003, 01:16 PM
jb
Registered

send me a link to the add. we just sold our 1959 last month and are looking for another...
Jim
scarab033@aol.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Registered

I feel your pain bro!

In the boat sales world you had better get used to eating, drinking and sleeping rejection. If I had 1 red cent for every guy who told me the check was in the mail. I would be retired right now!

Sounds like a real nice toy, keep up your diligence and I am certain someone will appreciatte all the time and effort you have put in to her.