Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A&e Now!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44789-e-now.html)

georges 03-05-2003 10:24 PM

Great show! I often see one of the quadruple o/b Customs playthings heading out of Hillsboro inlet, it definitely has it out of the hole!
I didn't realize Ben Kramer was such an "evil" guy, he sure built a great boat!

spitfire1 03-05-2003 10:27 PM

I think Saccenti is responsible for that.....not Ben....

Ted G 03-05-2003 10:29 PM

Overall the show seemed to follow the same line as a few of the articles and book excerpts that have been posted here in the past. They did make it look like Don was a good guy and ready to testify against Cramer. They also seemed to understand what is going on with 188 being developed and the Manatee debacle, kind of nice to see that discussed.

gmhdfan 03-05-2003 10:44 PM

Originally posted by apache21
just watched it. Painted a bad picture of Krammer and a good picture of Arronow. Not much said about Apache Boats.
And that comes as news?? They sure painted So. Fl. as not being that wild back then.:) :cool:

gmhdfan 03-05-2003 11:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thunderdan
[B]I thought the ending with brownie's take on offshore racing today was an interesting way to end the show.

Brownie said "Powerboat racing went from a bunch of boat builders racing, to a bunch of questionably characters racing, to a bunch of rich guys racing." I guess that about sums it up. :) :cool:

Fast Shafts 03-05-2003 11:11 PM

Just as Fords and Chevys are used for illegal purposes so were the boats. To me, Don was a business man first. He would build what the customer wanted,-just as Peter from Skater did for the customer who wanted a canopy with air conditioning/video cameras.
I was also impressed to see "Brownie".

gmhdfan 03-05-2003 11:14 PM

Originally posted by insptech
I am digging that Customs boat with the 4 outboards:D :D

Anyone remember the Midnight Express. Will never forget seeing my first one. The name says it all.:) :cool:

Payton 03-06-2003 06:34 AM

That was a great show! Bobby Saccenti was pictured several times but never mentioned.
Sounds like Kramer is right where he belongs.

gmhdfan, Midnight Express are still being built. They are located right around the corner from Active Thunder and PSI, just off Copans road.

Wardey 03-06-2003 06:39 AM

Midnight Express.....oh yeah. I remember talking to some Customs guys about ME'S and their comment was, "On the water, the only thing that could catch a ME is another ME". Those boats could bust 10 footers without missing a beat!!! Wardey

gmhdfan 03-06-2003 06:43 AM

Yea, but they are not being built for the same purpose.:) :cool: