Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Oh well the car deal fell through (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44823-oh-well-car-deal-fell-through.html)

Audiofn 03-06-2003 08:07 PM

I have thought about buying American cars. I own and have owned American manufacturers trucks. Have you seen how they have treated me over the last year in regards to my transmision? You think I have even considered for one second to give them more of my money? NO F-ING WAY!!!!!! I am looking at european and Japanees manufacturers because the treatment is TOTALLY different. You get a BMW loaner when your is in for service not a cheap azz toyota or what ever they give me when I drop off my 1 ton truck!!!

The BMW is still in the front running but I will be going to another dealer.

The VW was nice but the seats were so narrow that I did not really fit in them.

The Volvo suprised the hell out of me as being probably the nicest car that I drove but it was a little on the ugly side from a couple of views.

The Honda is the best bang for the buck but is also the ugliest car in the lot.

As some one that is self employeed I value every dime I have. I am VERY cautious with my purchases of this nature. I give my money to the companies that earn it not that get some sort of sympathy vote.

Jon

Playn 03-06-2003 08:57 PM

Originally posted by Erie Desire
It's real simple actually. Ford,Chevy,Dodge.
And if they made tvs(Zenith) in the U.S, I would buy one.
It amazes me how many people on this board talk about owning
lexus,bmw,acura,etc. If I was looking for a sports car it would be a Corvette, end of story.

BTW I just checked the tag on my shirt...PLUMA...MADE IN USA

I own a 2001 Ford F250 crew cab 4x4. Too Old has seen it. I'm sure he'll tell you that it's a display of good 'ol American sheetmetal. Not too much looks foriegn about it..............except it was built in Canada. It's a Global economy.

Playn 03-06-2003 09:11 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
Errrr, the Super Duty trucks are built in the USA and Mexico. None are built in Canada.
?

Ontario Trucks Assembly, Oakville
Canada
Ford F-150,
F-250

US1 Fountain 03-06-2003 09:11 PM

We are on our 3rd Beemer, '94, '98', & now '02. Just love it!

Had Pontiacs, Chevys, and a Ford as the daily drivers. None of them can even come close to the quality the BMW is.
course, neither is the price. ;) If I'm going to spend my hard earned money on a vehicle, I want the best quality I can afford.

supercat40 03-06-2003 09:14 PM

Hey check out Desantis Chevrolet in Brockton Ma. Danny is a racer and can help you

loviscosity 03-06-2003 09:22 PM

American Compared to Foreign

Originally posted by Erie Desire
It's real simple actually. Ford,Chevy,Dodge.
And if they made tvs(Zenith) in the U.S, I would buy one.
It amazes me how many people on this board talk about owning
lexus,bmw,acura,etc. If I was looking for a sports car it would be a Corvette, end of story.

BTW I just checked the tag on my shirt...PLUMA...MADE IN USA

Ever drove a 2003 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG.......
Then drove an 03 Vette......
I can not explain the ride that a Benz like that can give you.......65mph in a perfect 90 degree turn and it holds like your doin 30..........If I had the choice...It would be Benz all the way.....But the only Benz would be the
SL55 AMG
SL500
ML55 AMG
G55 AMG
And of course there all over 75 grand......which is above my spending limit.....n e ways....what ever floats your boat.

Playn 03-06-2003 10:20 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
Sorry Bro',but again, they only build SUPER DUTY trucks in USA (at KTP) or in Mexico (Cuautitlan). The F Series that were and are built in Canada are the F-150 and the previous F-250 LIGHT DUTY pickups.

If you have a SUPER DUTY pickup, the VIN will start with a 1 or a 3. The 1 is USA, the 3 is Mexico.

If you have a F-150 or the former F-250 LD, then you could have a VIN starting with 1 (USA) or 2 (Canada).

Troutly, I stand corrected then because the Vin starts with a 1. Must have been thrown off by the maple leaf insignia on the door pillar tag, the "imported by Best imports, and the Ford Motor Company of Canada Limited owners guides in French. Wasn't trying to be a smart ass. It must have been built her for Ford Motor Company of Canada then imported back into the US I guess. However my point still stands, It's a global economy. Just because it's the old standby American company don't assume it's made here.

US1 Fountain 03-07-2003 01:36 AM

My SD has a sticker in the front windshield saying built in Ky, -Home of the SD and Excursions