Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
41' Cig Miami-to-NY hull on E-bay! >

41' Cig Miami-to-NY hull on E-bay!

Notices

41' Cig Miami-to-NY hull on E-bay!

Old 03-06-2003, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 41' Cig Miami-to-NY hull on E-bay!

Interesting project for someone.... now, if I remember correctly, a certain burger-boy here on the board was saying how he really wanted a boat with eggbeaters... something about reliability, etc etc. Hmmm....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=26432

That's one big f'ing boat - the blue one is a 40' Wellcraft...

** edited to add the so Fred knows I'm just joshin' him about the burger-boy stuff (although Too Old did mention recently that he was running out of projects on the Mistress...)
Attached Thumbnails 41' Cig Miami-to-NY hull on E-bay!-bigcig.jpg  

Last edited by dockrocker; 03-06-2003 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:42 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Dockrocker, I bet that you have driven by this boat a thousand times and didn't even know it.

It sat outside for years behind a used car lot on Gratiot between 14&15 mile Rd's and was visable from Gratiot.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Registered

Hey, Lee, do you know if it's really a Cig hull? The ad is a little unclear.... not that I have the spare $$$ it would take to rebuild this beast. It would be a helluva Poker Run boat though - definitely an attention getter....
Old 03-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Registered

Does it have tanks and transom for 4 outboards? Craig
Old 03-10-2003, 02:01 PM
Registered

Craig,

Here's what the ad says:

41' Cigarette US-41 Kevlar Flat Deck Fiberglass 10' Beam Race Hull (hull only) with a Triaxle Trailer. This One of Few US-41 Offshore Race Hull was built in 1986 by Don Aronow and never finished for Cigarette to race from Florida to New York. No Transom Holes are cut and can be rigged for Surface Drives, Inboard/Outboard or regular Outboard motors as originally planned and has never been in the water. Approximate weight is 3500 lbs and is VERY LIGHT and makes a 40' Wellcraft look like a tinker toy as you can see in the picture.

Hull is in Good Condition and needs flooring and transom to be completed. No motor stringers since originally set up for 4 outboard motors and 6 gas tanks of 250 gallons each. This is a one of a kind boat. Triaxle Trailer has Heavy Duty Axles and Tires and is in good shape as well. Has now a gooseneck hitch and buyer could convert to a class 3 hitch if needed and trailer is very easy to pull and back up as well. ENJOY and Throttle On.

Can you give any background on this beast? Seems like an interesting story in there somewhere - how the heck does an unrigged Miami-to-NY hull end up in Michigan?
Old 03-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Registered

The last time I saw it was in the field next to lamination. Someone called me on it about 2 weeks ago as a project. That's some project. Does it have a hull ID number? Do they have the paper work? In 86 I was there and not Don. I remember building this boat that's, why I know about the outboards. Doc M was going to run it but the sponsor money was never raised. The tanks were a real pain. He wanted to go non-stop. I'm not sure what size diesels she would take because of the width. The 41s could only take those small CATS. Anyway good project for a project lover. Craig
Old 03-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Registered

Hmmm, seems to me that we have a "project lover" here on the boat... any idea how many Whoppers that thing would hold?
Old 03-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Registered

They should give it to you. Don't they need the space? A lot of custom stuff....your a brave man. Craig